DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Crash with Minor Damage Mini 2

Stebo19

Reactions
New Pilot and had my first crash into a tree and got an 1/8 " crack in the middle of the top shell. I have done a couple of test flights and it is flying great but the crack bothered me so I ordered a replacement top shell. When I removed the original shell I noticed it had some foil tape inside and mesh over the vent holes. The replacement didn't have this I so didn't swap em out. Would it be OK to still install the new one without the mesh and foil? Should I just leave it's is? Thanks for the input to the new guy.

New Pilot and had my first crash into a tree and got an 1/8 " crack in the middle of the top shell. I have done a couple of test flights and it is flying great but the crack bothered me so I ordered a replacement top shell. When I removed the original shell I noticed it had some foil tape inside and mesh over the vent holes. The replacement didn't have this I so didn't swap em out. Would it be OK to still install the new one without the mesh and foil? Should I just leave it's is? Thanks for the input to the new guy.
Gosh, Stebo 19, someone who works on Mini's, does repairs, should comment. That mesh and foil could even be part of an antenna for the drone. Odd the replacement part didn't have it. Perhaps it is part of it's cooling arrangement instead. Good thing the gimbal wasn't harmed.

Are you sure you got the replacement for the Min 2 and not the Mini might be a difference.

Phatomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mini 2 in the Rain /Snow

Foil tape is probably some sort of shielding so it's important.
Mesh is less important but it would block dirt and insects etc.

Stebo19 could you perhaps post photos showing the difference between the two shells?

Foil tape is probably some sort of shielding so it's important.
Mesh is less important but it would block dirt and insects etc.
Spot on as to functionality and purpose.

OP might try hair dryer to warm foil and see if it will peel off with adhesive intact. Then install on new top shell.

Spot on as to functionality and purpose.

OP might try hair dryer to warm foil and see if it will peel off with adhesive intact. Then install on new top shell.
A hair dryer will probably do it the mesh air vent would be their to keep it cool with air flow.

Maybe the foil can be replaced with the foil tape they use in the HVAC industry or insulation industry. Long as the tape is actual metal foil, should serve the same purpose. I assume that purpose is RF shielding or thermal shielding. Speculation, but If it has no connection to ground, probably a heat shield

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78