DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Crash

Cali-Mavic

Reactions
After a few minutes into flight my app on my cell phone Galaxy S7 the app crashes.
Anyone else experienced this problem question mark it's never happened to me before I've had my Maverick for over a month no problem

Reactions: Matisse13
I have not but I also use the same phone which concerns me since I'm waiting for my Mavic. What happens when the app crashes? Are you able to re open it? Does the aircraft stop moving when the app crashes?

Using a SAmsung note Neo and so far it crashed on me once... over 50 plus flights in case you want to know..

Haven't had it happen to me yet but from some vids I've seen, if the app crashes, the Mavic just hovers where it is and waits for input. Restart the app and you're good to go.

I use LG v20. Go 4 app crashes about once per minute.

When I use my Samsung S2 9.7 tablet the app works fine. Only one bugout on the tablet where menus started bouncing around the screen.

Seems a bit hit & miss with Android devices.

The iOS app has better stability as the iOS platform does not have too many versions.

Android on the other hand is a mixed bag of many devices of many types, many brands, many resolutions and many and often older Android versions.
This makes talking care of all possible combinations near impossible and as such bugs will always be present in some versions of Android software. This is not DJI's fault but it is an inherent problem with open hardware/software systems.

I think I'm the only one on IOS here and I'm the only one who never had app problems. [emoji12]
I'm android through and through, but will only use IOS for my DJI birds

Me too on iOs and never had problems with the app. I also (i knew later it's risky) switched between go4 and litchi and even shut off the apps to check behaviour of the MP: the bird just kept hovering and receiving inputs from the controller.......strange that under android the behaviour is so different. Maybe it's not only an app related problem?

After a few minutes into flight my app on my cell phone Galaxy S7 the app crashes.
Anyone else experienced this problem question mark it's never happened to me before I've had my Maverick for over a month no problem

Samsung S7 - (SM-G930V) here. Android version 7.0 and I have had the app crash at least 3 times in a total of maybe 25 flights thus far(one happened earlier today). This is very concerning, but the Mavic AKA maverick.... LOL... just hovers and waits for the app to reload. If anyone has any fixes for this please share the word. All firmware seems to be up to date as of 04/04/2017.

Reactions: RobP62
Samsung S7 - (SM-G930V) here. Android version 7.0 and I have had the app crash at least 3 times in a total of maybe 25 flights thus far(one happened earlier today). This is very concerning, but the Mavic AKA maverick.... LOL... just hovers and waits for the app to reload. If anyone has any fixes for this please share the word. All firmware seems to be up to date as of 04/04/2017.

I'm on Android 6 (Huawei P9), and never had a crash in 50+ flights.

I've heard from many people on 7 that the DJI app is a nightmare, which is a shame; my handset is ready for Nougat :(

I am on Nougat on an S7 , no issues yet. Could it be that some of the providers are adding stuff in the operating system ?

I had two different phones with Android 5 and 6. App crashes occasionally and I have noticed that from very beginning. It just restart itself and back online again. Might cause a problem when when you don't see your aircraft anymore.

Just as a follow up to my last post about the app crashing--

On yesterdays flight the app crashed and completely reset the app. While in flight I had to accept all terms and conditions, name the craft and go through the tutorial of how the app works. Most frustrating thing ever!!
Has anyone had their app crash and completely reset? How might I be able to avoid this? Thanks!

Here is a shot from that flight. :)DJI_0120.JPG

I also have that same issue. I went to an old S4 and it has worked fine, but no gps data. I'm looking at a tablet and only use it for flying.

Reactions: Cali-Mavic
Even if the app does crash you can still fly the Mavic by the Controller, thats what its for. The app is only a display putting a few commands out via the controller. If the app crashes you should be able to fly via LOS. Or just reboot your app. Its only when the controller looses contact that Mavic starts kicking into its programed mode. (Hover/RTH)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dominicus15