DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Crashed Air 2s

koonley

Reactions
So, it finally happened and I crashed my drone into a tree. Drone fell and landed on its nose. Gimbal yaw arm is bent and I get the occasional "gimbal motor overloaded" error. When the gimbal does work, the horizon is not level. Gimbal calibration works if its straight but if I tilt up or down, the gimbal wobbles or the horizon tilts again

Can the yaw arm be easily straightened? (I doubt it!)
If I bought a new yaw arm, would it need to be programmed to the drone? (I read somewhere that buying replacement gimbals don't work?)
I live and fly in Nigeria but drone was purchased with 2 years refresh in the USA. Can I send it in for repair?

This is my bread and butter and I'm gutted with its current state.

Thanks for any and every advice

Reactions: GFields
Sorry for your crash.

Best thing to do is contact DJI to see if you're covered. Gimbal repair I imagine is NOT easy.

Last edited:
Reactions: koonley
So, it finally happened and I crashed my drone into a tree. Drone fell and landed on its nose. Gimbal yaw arm is bent and I get the occasional "gimbal motor overloaded" error. When the gimbal does work, the horizon is not level. Gimbal calibration works if its straight but if I tilt up or down, the gimbal wobbles or the horizon tilts again

Can the yaw arm be easily straightened? (I doubt it!)
If I bought a new yaw arm, would it need to be programmed to the drone? (I read somewhere that buying replacement gimbals don't work?)
I live and fly in Nigeria but drone was purchased with 2 years refresh in the USA. Can I send it in for repair?

This is my bread and butter and I'm gutted with its current state.

Thanks for any and every advice
If you have DJI Refresh, I'd send it in for replacement. You will most likely need an address in the USA though

Reactions: koonley
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada