DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Crashed. Gimbal overload. Camera issues - repaired unsuccessfully

Anzalone007

Reactions
So 10 minutes into flying I clipped a tree branch and the motor pulled in a leaf and fell 15ft.

No camera, and gimbal overload error.

I took it apart and found a severely kinked video cable, broken anti-drop bar, and ripped gimbal ribbon cable near the top where the gimbal screws to a plate.

I buy 3 parts. Video cable. Gimbal ribbon cable. And a new assembly for the antidrop bar.

After repair, video works but still receive a gimbal motor overload. I observe the gimbal behavior and it appears to pitch/yaw but the rotor attached to the camera itself bugs out (moves a couple millimeters one way, then the other)

I manually move each motor, and they all seem smooth except for the rotor motor. It seems smooth half way through then I can feel metal on metal scraping, and it becomes hard to move (I can also hear the scraping)

*the entire gimbal assembly also gets VERY hot. Like. Fry eggs hot

What's my next move here? Any help is appreciated

Same thing kind of happened to me. I bought a gimbal motor assembly along with the camera. I get video feeds now and can record and take pictures. But each time I start up the Mavic I get a few seconds worth of the Gimbal Overload message and then it goes away. Any idea why?

Same thing kind of happened to me. I bought a gimbal motor assembly along with the camera. I get video feeds now and can record and take pictures. But each time I start up the Mavic I get a few seconds worth of the Gimbal Overload message and then it goes away. Any idea why?

Check your gimbal motors to see if they are getting hot.

Nope not hot. Gets a little warm. Before when my previous one for sure was broken, it got hot the moment I turned it on, so I know that feeling. But this one is just warm and functions fine.

Also, if my camera somewhat shakes when flying right and left, would that be a camera/gimbal issue or the vibration plate or something else?

Nope not hot. Gets a little warm. Before when my previous one for sure was broken, it got hot the moment I turned it on, so I know that feeling. But this one is just warm and functions fine.

Also, if my camera somewhat shakes when flying right and left, would that be a camera/gimbal issue or the vibration plate or something else?

Could be rubber bands, vibration plate, or defective gimbal yaw motor.

I just switched out the vibration plate and rubber bands with brand new, OEM ones. Since I get the Gimbal Overload error for a few seconds and because of the unstable feed, is it safe to assume that it's the gimbal?

Are there any squealing noises coming from the gimbal motors? Also, check to make sure that your gimbal yaw arm isnt bent, if it has been crashed. The camera lens should not hit the motor assembly when turned fully to the left or right.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada