DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Crashed Gimbal Repair

beto.zz

Reactions
Hello All, I'm new to the forum and I've crashed my Air 2. Long story short lost it while flying over some fields and found it on the Facebook marketplace a month later :)! The guy was nice enough to give it back (with a missing battery and SD card of course) it still works but the camera gimbal is a goner. I'm going to do a DIY repair but need some help on parts. I ordered a new Camera Signal cable old one got ripped, but need help on what parts I need for the Gimbal.
Found this on Ebay Gimbal Shaft Arm Assembly, I feel like ill need a motor as well correct?

Thank you in advance! Fly On!

image_6487327.JPG
2.JPG
3.JPG

Attachments

• 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    48.8 KB · Views: 8
I'd be inclined to send it in to DJI. By the time you buy the bits and find out, through repeated fit and tests, what needs fixing it may work out cheaper to let DJI fix it properly.
Indeed. DJI repair costs are very reasonable, and they will send you a brand new aircraft, after paying their meager invoice, which means any other hidden damage in the original aircraft becomes irrelevant!

Last edited:
Reactions: Capt KO
Did exactly this repair on my air 2. All I needed was the replacement yaw arm (the left thing in the top ebay listing in the OP, not including the roll arm), two cables, and some covers. The roll arm constitutes one half of the C-shaped bracket attached to the camera housing, which is intact in the OP. Took a lot of force to stuff the roll arm into the new yaw arm, otherwise was a reasonably straightforward repair.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54