DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Crashed in the snow

Welcome to the forum.

Maybe use a hair dryer to blow warm air through the battery compartment opening for about 15 minutes? It's not salt water, so I don't think corrosion should be a problem if you're able to dry out the electronics inside.

I have used a vacuum cleaner to suck water (rain) away from the drone, body work and vents, and out of the motors and then put it in a warm dry place for a while or in the 'blast' from a fan heater, be careful it doesn't get too hot. If you use the vacuum cleaner approach be careful near the camera and gimbal. Mine were dry so no need to vacuum them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to the forum. We look forward to your participation and your view of the world. Me, I would remove battery, carefully apply low heat, allow to air dry in comfortable warm spot, overnight. Do not attempt start up until you are confident that it is dry. Hope it works out for you. You will get plenty of support and suggestions in this forum. Ask your question in the MM forum, also.

Hello from the Hoosier Heartland Pahunter1274.

As others have said, let 'er warm up and air dry.

Pay attention to the telemetry on your maiden flight(s) for any anomalies that may pop up before you go too far away.

Good luck and welcome to the Forum. ?

In addition, you may want to use the method for drying out cell-phone-in-the-toilet situation:

- Place the drone in a large airtight container filled with an inch or two of rice. Any kind of dry uncooked rice... acts as a desiccant and will help remove moisture from the device. - Hope you get it working again!

In addition, you may want to use the method for drying out cell-phone-in-the-toilet situation:

- Place the drone in a large airtight container filled with an inch or two of rice. Any kind of dry uncooked rice... acts as a desiccant and will help remove moisture from the device. - Hope you get it working again!
I think this would be what I would do in this situation, to ensure the components do not suffer permanent damage.

Welcome to the forum and enjoy.

Please share your pictures, videos and knowledge about your drones.

I agree with the wet vacuum, pull battery and I would just set in front of a fan.

Should dry off just fine.

Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching . ?

Welcome aboard Grandpa don and greetings from Albany, NY!?

As with all of the other suggestions, pull the battery, wipe down any visual signs of water, and let it all dry out. If PA is anything like NY is right now, the air in your home is probably very dry. Just letting it sit out would allow any water that managed to get inside to evaporate.

You actually want to avoid putting the drone in a bag of rice. It doesn't really work well for drying out electronics and it introduces the hazard of dust and rice starch getting inside. A fan blowing air across it will do more for evaporation than the rice trick.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IMWOOD