DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Crashed Mavic...log file attached. Any help appreciated.

dj_ricecube

Reactions
Hi All,

Any help would be appreciated in interpreting the flight record of this doomed flight. Thanks!

Attachments

• DJIFlightRecord_2017-05-28_[16-58-10].txt
    39.6 KB · Views: 24
Can you give us the circumstances, details of what happened and how? Any video to go with it?

Can you give us the circumstances, details of what happened and how? Any video to go with it?
Traveled to Switzerland this past weekend and wanted to get some footage at the Ebenalp. We're about 1500m high when I decided to take her up. Before takeoff, controller displayed a message that I needed to calibrate the compass. Did 2 passes at the calibration procedure and got the ok that it was calibrated. Started to take off and hover for a few seconds and proceeded on her flight. Got about 5-8 seconds in to the flight and I notice the controller saying I lost the GPS signal or maybe it was compass. I can't remember because I was already starting to panic because she wasn't responding to any stick inputs. 15-20 seconds pass and she flies away from me. I chase after her and I knew by the direction she went that she was heading straight into the cliff wall behind me. I find her lying on the ground with the battery ejected and the gimbal hanging by its cables. I do have the low-res video from my phone. I can upload it later tonight.

Interested to see what you find out, sorry about your loss. :(

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
phoenix_00002