DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Crazy stick error...?

FASTFJR

Reactions
So I got my 2nd Mavic about a week ago and finally got around to doing a few test flight. Updated the firmware over the weekend, everything is good to go. I'll add its about 25F outside. I do one flight of about 10 minutes to make sure I have my settings correct. I land, then I get a beeping and I see "Stick Error" on the remote. I never saw this on my first one. I power everything down, go inside power everything back up and all is good. Power down, go outside, power up and I get the same error. This happened twice more before I finally did a stick calibration. Started up again and everything is good, I flew another battery before I got too cold.

What I don't understand is why I had the stick error outside and not inside

Thanks

Start by recalibrating the RC. Odds are that this will get rid of that error. RC calibration can be initiated from within the Go4 app.

Reactions: FASTFJR
Start by recalibrating the RC. Odds are that this will get rid of that error. RC calibration can be initiated from within the Go4 app.

Thanks, yea I ended up doing that. It was just strange I got the error outside and not inside. I'm leaving on a 14 day cruise in about a month and want to make sure I get any / all little bugs worked out before I leave

Sounds good! I highly recommend that once you get everything *just right*, avoid any firmware updates until after your cruise. It's always the latest update that keeps folks grounded ~and it's always when they're on vacation :cool:

Reactions: FASTFJR
Thanks, I make it a point once I get everything to my liking not to touch a dam thing. I'm hoping to get some good flying in the desert of Aruba and the Pitons of St Lucia

Reactions: Qoncussion
It will be no problem getting in on and off the ship. One of the reasons I bought a Mavic instead of another Phantom. Check in day it goes into our checked luggage, port days in my small back pack. Technically your not suppose to bring a drone, but really they don't want you flying it on the ship which I never have and never plan to do. If they see you have it coming on board the worst that happens is they hold it in security (just the drone). When leaving the ship you just go pick it up, its really no big deal

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wiz4rd