DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Creating DJI Waypoints on a second screen

Shaun5150

Reactions
Hi All
Im keen to start using the Waypoint 2 functionality by pre-planning the tasks on a second screen connected to my M2P controller. I use a CS screen for when I fly but Im thinking I could use an iPad 4 to do all the pre-planning (bigger screen) > save the task > reconnect the CS and "bobs yr uncle"......Is that doable ?

TIA

Hi All
Im keen to start using the Waypoint 2 functionality by pre-planning the tasks on a second screen connected to my M2P controller. I use a CS screen for when I fly but Im thinking I could use an iPad 4 to do all the pre-planning (bigger screen) > save the task > reconnect the CS and "bobs yr uncle"......Is that doable ?

TIA
Hmmm... it’s a good question I had to think about but no. The mission is saved on the local device

Hi All

TIA
I only know how to share the Waypoints file between iOS devices. But I don‘t know how this works with CS. Would this help?

Reactions: Shaun5150
I only know how to share the Waypoints file between iOS devices. But I don‘t know how this works with CS. Would this help?
Hey that would be awesome..any pointers at this stage could be useful thanks

Another way maybe to hook up the CS to a TV panel via the HDMI port and just use the CS to build the tasks whilst viewing the work on the TV.....?

Hey that would be awesome..any pointers at this stage could be useful thanks
Okay, so there is the possibility through iTunes. This allows to access parts of the iOS internal file structure. There is a specific DJI Go4 folder. Do you know this file Access procedure in iTunes?

Okay, so there is the possibility through iTunes. This allows to access parts of the iOS internal file structure. There is a specific DJI Go4 folder. Do you know this file Access procedure in iTunes?
Ummmm....thought it wouldnt be straight forward....I do have an idea but I think running an HDMI cable to a larger screen purely to set/view the task info is a good compromise........unless DJI come up with a desktop app lie Litchi that allows offline waypoint/flight tasks to then be uploaded to DJI Go 4 ;-)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pocki