DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Critical battery auto landing

A better alternative is to use Litchi. While the above method can give you battery lifetime under realistic flight conditions, with Litchi you can do that as well as have a pretty good idea of distance travelled.

Method: Setup a mission with way points on a smooth track and the entire mission conforming to LOS, In mission settings set up the end of mission behaviour to be return to first way point. This way AC will go round and round the mission autonomously!

Good old Litchi will give you the total mission distance as well as the time it takes for one loop of the mission. The longer the mission the less the accumulated errors per loop from the above figures Litchi gives you will be.

Sit back and keep an ear out for any warning sounds from the controller.
To help with final sub mission distance calculations, Litchi gives you distance between way points.

That is a no, no too...you may want to read the FAA manual on Drone rules before flying your Drone while in a vehicle

According to the FAA regulations. It’s perfectly legal to fly from inside a car and even a moving car as long as I’m not driving the car at the same time.

A better alternative is to use Litchi. While the above method can give you battery lifetime under realistic flight conditions, with Litchi you can do that as well as have a pretty good idea of distance travelled.

Method: Setup a mission with way points on a smooth track and the entire mission conforming to LOS, In mission settings set up the end of mission behaviour to be return to first way point. This way AC will go round and round the mission autonomously!

Good old Litchi will give you the total mission distance as well as the time it takes for one loop of the mission. The longer the mission the less the accumulated errors per loop from the above figures Litchi gives you will be.

Sit back and keep an ear out for any warning sounds from the controller.
To help with final sub mission distance calculations, Litchi gives you distance between way points.

Ok thanks. I’m not familiar with Litchi. I will check it out.

PI's dont always use what evidence they get illegally for legal reasons. Sometimes a wife wants to know what her husband is doing in the neighbors back yard. PI's dont always need proof of things for court, most of the time it is for the piece of mind for the people that hired them. In that case almost anything goes. :D
And this is what the drone community needs. More bad publicity from idiots spying on people with drones. If he's out there breaking laws with his drone, it needs to get run over.

Dudes name is Dustin Dunnill. He’s from Hawaii. No interference and plenty of wide open space but he went 32,000 feet and landed on 0%. Even though the last two miles it was saying critically low battery, aircraft landing. He was still able to keep the throttle up and climb. Problem with my situation was I lost contact and wasn’t able to transmit anything. Which was crazy because I was only about 1/4 mile away. But I have lots of power lines and 5 track wide train tracks with overhead power lines. Here is the link to that dudes flight. It was badass.
As badass as it was, it was also wreckless. On his return trip there were plenty of houses and maybe people near the end for it to crash into if the battery gave out.

Reactions: Bellaflys2016
Who doesn't know in 2018 that PDFs of owner's manuals for pretty much any tech device is available online?

Who doesn't know in 2018 that PDFs of owner's manuals for pretty much any tech device is available online?
Lots of people... just read the thread after thread of people here who had never read the manual. You can spot them pretty easy... they usually start off by explaining the loss of the drone.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Glenn-S