DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Critical low battery, and unable to maneuver!

I am following this thread.

I can't find a reason for being locked out, but you were only locked out from 22:06.9 - 22:52.9.
After that you had full directional control.
The data shows you changing the Flight Mode switch to Atti Mode at 22:52.9, which unlocked whatever glitch was preventing full control.

Sounds about right. Just tried to duplicate the conditions again without success. Had the drone higher and further out (but hovering over a safe location) until the battery reached 10% and it tried auto-landing. Was still able to maintain full control all the way home. It's a proper mystery.

Perhaps it was in RTH during lockout? RTH does limit maneuvering.
There's no need to make guesses when the data clearly shows what the flight mode was.

Last edited:
I had similar problem, my error I know, flying in low battery but with enough power to return home I try to make a video before that BUT suddenly remaining fly time starts jumping like crazy to 7 min, 2 min, 9 min, 5 min, 3 min, video signal lost, RC connection lost, I don't see the drone even on VLOS it was still a little bit high to be seen (Spark), lucky me I recover video signal when I walk close to where I suppose it fall or land and locate it up the roof of a nearby building (6.00 m high), soft landing I guess because no damage at all. After review I noticed we were at 43 Celsius, so, I think my error was too long fly time, I have been around 9 min on the air should stop then, not trying to keep flying more, I fly there before many times (construction site) without problem but always taking care of timing, too much heat, too much time, no good.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fbri7