DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Croatia Rules

Ash_Lowndes

Reactions
Hey guys, new to the forums!

I’m going to Dubrovnik/Spilt, Croatia in a few months. Just wondering what I’m going to need for permission to fly within the guidelines there.

Any help from someone who knows or who has had experience droning there would be much appreciated :)

Thanks in advance

Ash

Reactions: FASTFJR
Good Luck on that one ...BUT i am sure that there will be someone here that will help you

good friendly helpful people here and someone will either know the answer or will find out for you

Happy trails in ... CROATIA ...Wow

Thanks for your input people. Just an update, i emailed Croatia Civil Aviation Agency.. and they require you to register your drone with them via an emailed form. Once you have done this, keep hold of that form and send a copy to Croatia Airspace Control along with their registration form.

After this you’re all set. Just keep a copy of the forms on you and fly within the guidelines.

Reactions: IgorD2
Thanks for your input people. Just an update, i emailed Croatia Civil Aviation Agency.. and they require you to register your drone with them via an emailed form. Once you have done this, keep hold of that form and send a copy to Croatia Airspace Control along with their registration form.

After this you’re all set. Just keep a copy of the forms on you and fly within the guidelines.

Ash can you please send download link for the form so I can fill it myself too, and if you can provide an email where I should send it to register the drone.
Im going to Croatia in 3 months (just 3 hrs of driving).

Thank you !

I believe although it is reasonably easy to fly as a recreational user once you have your email approval I think you still cant take any photos/videos. I believe you have to fly commercially before you can do that and then you need insurance, permit, etc. So it looks like you can fly but not record anything.

I was talking to guys from Croatian FACEBOOK DJI group

They are in the process of establishing of the system so here is the conversation at the group about the theme

I ll use google translate to translate the post from 8 th January by Tin Mandic and you can use google translate to translate whole conversation if you want, name of the group is https://www.facebook.com/groups/djihrvatska/

Nice greeting for everyone,
Please read carefully carefully to understand everything. The text is long and deserves concentration and attention.

Let's start from the beginning. Croatia has drain laws and is implemented by 3 institutions and each agency works for itself: 1. Croatian Civil Aviation Agency (CCAA) 2. Croatian Air Navigation Control (HKZP) 3. State Geodetic Administration
12/15/2018. A new law was passed, in which the table was abolished against the areas of flying and the type of drones (4.6.6 engines). Now the drones are divided into categories according to the weight according to the table in the new law: RULES ON BESPILOT AIRCRAFT SYSTEMS - Article 6

CCAA-Allows flying drones to those who have a registered dron in CCAA, who have insurance, if the pilot is registered for A category of drones under the old law then the Agency recognizes the old registration. If only the pilot wants to register, the CCAA reports and performs a quick and easy registration. According to the new law (REGULATION ON BESPILOT AIRCRAFT SYSTEMS) it can be flying anywhere and at any time and at night and day. It is important to fly safely and without compromising the safety of people.

Link 1: Ordinance on Unmanned Aviation Systems
Pravilnik o sustavima bespilotnih zrakoplova

Link 2: Airspace Management Regulations
Pravilnik o izmjenama i dopunama Pravilnika o upravljanju zračnim prostorom

HKZP-allows flying in uncontrolled airspace up to 120m, but since most Croatian cities (Osijek, Split, Zagreb, Rijeka, Zadar,) are in a controlled CTR, then they must register on the AMC portal and if they want to fly pilots they must report to this portal and make a CTR reservation ie reservation of the area above which you will fly. There are penalties if it does not reserve CTR. Soon we need to get an application that quickly and easily reserves airspace within the CTR.

Link 3:
Bespilotni zrakoplovi

Link 4:
Aerodromska (TWR)

DGU-Regulation on Air Recording-to record and play footage legally Legally must have a craft or a company registered for airborne recording (NKD-42).
CCAA and HKZP are interested in the dron as a plane, ie aircraft, and the DGU recordings. Soon the Shooting Regulation will be changed.

Example: If I have DJI Mavic Pro and by law (CCAA RULES ON BESPILOT AIRCRAFT SYSTEMS) I can fly above the Zagreb cathedral (B2 category, but before flying, I need to book the CTR area on the AMC portal (ie the area around the cathedral). If I make a recording , and I'm registered with CCAA and I got a CTR reservation. Then I can only punish the DGU (but they can not find me, that is, looking for a needle in the haystack) - because I did not report shooting 7 days in advance, but I put it photos on the internet.

Most people, that is, 95% do not know this and fly illegally (domestic, professional and tourists) and because of that, we have a problem with the lawmakers.
I hope I helped you. If you have any questions, just contact me inbox.
With respect

---------

Last edited:
Hey guys, new to the forums!

I’m going to Dubrovnik/Spilt, Croatia in a few months. Just wondering what I’m going to need for permission to fly within the guidelines there.

Any help from someone who knows or who has had experience droning there would be much appreciated :)

Thanks in advance

Ash

Your going to have a Great time! My wife and spent a week in Dubrovnik last July. Excellent food and weather. I filled out all the paperwork and took my Mavic. I fly 3-4 locations, old city wall, Lokrum Island and the hills above the city. 50GB on a 64GB card...........that somehow got currupted, my mistake for not backing my video up everyday.

FYI......Check out Cafe Buza on the old city outside wall. In a nut shell its a bar located on the cliffs on the outside wall of the old city. Things get hopping around 5pm when you can jump from the clips into the sea below

Reactions: IgorD2

Ash, I have been corresponding with a rep at the CCAA and he said I need to mail them the filled out application and send them 20 HRK for the administrative fees. Did you have to take similar steps? If so, how did you send them the money to cover the admin fee? It's mind boggling how none of this can be done online.

Thanks!
-Nick

Hi Nick !
Did you find an answer to your question ? I planned to visit Croatia next summer and I would like to bring my Mavic Air. Do you know where I can find the form to complete ? The form exists in english ?
I'm not sure to really understand previous posts, can we take photo/video in Croatia ?
All advices is appreciate
Thank you

Croatia is quite tricky with drones but there are a few things to know:

Before anything, it will differentiate your drone based on its weight:
  • below 250 g (considered as a toy).
  • between 250 g & 900 g (B1)
  • below 5 kg (B2)
  • between 5 & 25 kg (C1)
  • between 25 & 150 kg (C2)

It also has several restriction zones that you can identify thanks to this map

From then, you can fly:
- up to 120 m and no further than 500 m from you
- during daytime only and away from any urban area or public infrastructure
- 3 kms away from airports
- a few more conditions have been listed here: https://www.drone-made.com/post/croatia-drone-laws

If your drone weights more than 900 g: you will need to register it and if more than 5 kg, you will need a license to fly your drone in the country. If you wish to fly outside the above conditions you will have to apply for a permission by asking these guys [email protected]

Hope this helps.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
spencergotty