DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Cruise control

Ralph thompson

Reactions
Anyone having trouble engaging Cruise Control on the M3Classic?
I've spent quite a lot of time experimenting but to engage Cruise Control seems hit & miss. Mainly trying to setup just a slow drift left or right. I keep getting a message like "Move the stick forward before clicking cruise control". This is exactly what I was doing.
I've tried in N, S mode and in C mode so I can move the sticks further but don't seem to be able to guarantee that CC will engage.
I have CC setup on the C2 button so it's easy to move and hold the sticks then click CC.
I have read all the details on Page 36 in the Manual, I seem to be doing it correctly.

While I fly the Mavic 3 and not the Mavic 3 Classic, I assume this functionality is the same. I was able to engage it for pitch, roll and yaw but had trouble engaging it for a combined motion of 2 sticks. I attributed this to my lack of dexterity at pressing the C1 button after working both sticks. Perhaps the C1 button was pressed too early relative to the sticks or maybe it isn’t fully baked yet as a feature.

Thanks Joel, I think the M3 & M3 Classic are the same drone, you just have the additional camera.
Ive been studying the logs and reviewing the manual again and I see that clicking the assigned button with the sticks in neutral disconnects cruise. I think I maybe long pressing the button while returning the sticks to neutral which could be disconnecting cruise. Me thinks, a little more experimenting needed.

Thanks Joel, I think the M3 & M3 Classic are the same drone, you just have the additional camera.
Ive been studying the logs and reviewing the manual again and I see that clicking the assigned button with the sticks in neutral disconnects cruise. I think I maybe long pressing the button while returning the sticks to neutral which could be disconnecting cruise. Me thinks, a little more experimenting needed.
From my (very limited) experience with CC on Mavic 3 it seems that the assigned button ( C1 or C2 ) needs to be pressed and held for a momement while both stickes are still in the desired positions. It actually takes a moment for the CC to get set. Most of the unseccussful attempts are result of releasing the sticks too soon, basically before the CC got actually engaged. Dexterity is mostly the culprit, it just takes practice and patience 👍. It is a great feature and I love it.

Reactions: Mavikhan
Thanks Filmarik, have to practice a bit more and find the sweet spot.

Last edited:
To enable cruise control first assign one of C buttons (I use C1) to cruise control in the settings menu.
To use cruise control you simply need to press and release the C button while holding any stick(s) to lock in those settings and then release the sticks and the aircraft will maintain the locked in settings and fly continuously in that manner. To cancel either press pause or the C button while NOT touching either stick. The aircraft will stop and hover. While flying in cruise mode you can still control the aircraft with the sticks but keep in mind your inputs will be in addition to cruise settings and when you release the sticks the aircraft will resume its locked in settings. If cruise is active and you press the C button again WHILE holding the stick in a different position, the new stick position will now be locked in and active.

Last edited:
To enable cruise control first assign one of C buttons (I use C1) to cruise control in the settings menu.
To use cruise control you simply need to press and release the C button while holding any stick(s) to lock in those settings and then release the sticks and the aircraft will maintain the locked in settings and fly continuously in that manner. To cancel either press pause or the C button while NOT touching either stick. The aircraft will stop and hover. While flying in cruise mode you can still control the aircraft with the sticks but keep in mind your inputs will be in addition to cruise settings and when you release the sticks the aircraft will resume its locked in settings. If cruise is active and you press the C button again WHILE holding the stick in a different position, the new stick position will now be locked in and active.
I reckon that most common mistake people having trouble engaging the CC make is that they release the sticks too soon. You must press the C button while holding the sticks in position and keep them in that position after releasing the C button for at least a second or two. It works like a charm if you follow this procedure.

I reckon that most common mistake people having trouble engaging the CC make is that they release the sticks too soon. You must press the C button while holding the sticks in position and keep them in that position after releasing the C button for at least a second or two. It works like a charm if you follow this procedure.
I haven't had to pause a second or two. Its worked perfectly each and every time I've used it. I hold the sticks very still, a single press and release of C1 then immediately release the sticks and it always has engaged right then. But it seems this is a common issue, wonder why I haven't experienced it yet..

I haven't had to pause a second or two. Its worked perfectly each and every time I've used it. I hold the sticks very still, a single press and release of C1 then immediately release the sticks and it always has engaged right then. But it seems this is a common issue, wonder why I haven't experienced it yet..
Maybe you are instinctively doing the right thing without even realizing🙂. I know that if I realease the sticks too quickly or almost simultaneously with pressing the C button the Cruise Control will not engage. It really needs to be done like holding the sticks completely still in the desired position then FIRMLY press the C button and only then release the sticks. It is simple really but if not done properly it can lead to unreliable operation of this function

Maybe you are instinctively doing the right thing without even realizing🙂. I know that if I realease the sticks too quickly or almost simultaneously with pressing the C button the Cruise Control will not engage. It really needs to be done like holding the sticks completely still in the desired position then FIRMLY press the C button and only then release the sticks. It is simple really but if not done properly it can lead to unreliable operation of this function
It is challenging for me to hold 2 sticks at the desired level and also press the C button. For me it takes a couple of attempts.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
testtest