DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Cruise Line Question

Sorry to say, Royal Caribbean has the same policy, drone will be confiscated before boarding ship. And, returned to you when disembarking the ship at the conclusion of voyage, I have planned a months trip, train from Chicago to Sanfrancisco, 10 days in Sanfrancisco, touring by bus. And, then get on a ship to Hawaii for 18 days, cruise line spoiled the entire trip for me. Because, people did not fly the drones responsibly. The
rest of us have to pay. U-tube is filled with video of irresponsible people flying around the ship, looking at people sitting on the balcony's. I asked them to secure the drone on
the ship and give it to me at each port. They, said they do not want to be responsible
for its safe keeping. Have been on a dozen cruses, thinking about this being my last one on any ship. will fly from now on.

Did royal caribbean policy change very recently? Per website faq, mentions you can bring.

Can I Bring Drones Onboard a Cruise? | Royal Caribbean Cruises

Did royal caribbean policy change very recently? Per website faq, mentions you can bring.

Can I Bring Drones Onboard a Cruise? | Royal Caribbean Cruises
Sorry, I am traveling on Princess Cruises, was under the assumption they were part of
Royal Caribbean line. Thank you for bringing that to my attention. I will no longer book
passage on Princes line. Nice to know that Royal Caribbean welcomes Guests to bring
drones on board. With the understanding they are not to be operated onboard the ship
at any time. Or on Royal Caribbean's private destinations; such as CocoCay,Bahamas, or Labadee, and Haiti. Again thank you for the Link with the info,

You might just consider trying to rent a drone. I was on a Baltic Cruise last year and I suspect most of the larger cities could have rentals. I wouldn’t bother with Russia(St.Petersburg)
Rentals? Well, I hope that happens, I didn't realize that was even remotely an option.

Noentheless, I would contact the cruise line for permission to "carry", and any cruise line that prohibited anything other than illegal material would lose my business.

They might not be hurting for customers, but We, as the UAV community, should not support any business that clearly alienates "us", and considers the entire drone community to be a bushel of bad apples, based upon the poor performance of the disrespectful and uneducated.

Reactions: FL1H1
Sorry, I am traveling on Princess Cruises, was under the assumption they were part of
Royal Caribbean line. Thank you for bringing that to my attention. I will no longer book
passage on Princes line. Nice to know that Royal Caribbean welcomes Guests to bring
drones on board. With the understanding they are not to be operated onboard the ship
at any time. Or on Royal Caribbean's private destinations; such as CocoCay,Bahamas, or Labadee, and Haiti. Again thank you for the Link with the info,

I’m glad they changed it. Previously, only Carnival cruises allowed drones. Carnival owns celebrity so maybe they allow it too? I wonder of royal Caribbean has any sister companies?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kenjiekun