DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Crystal Sky does not work with Mavic 2 Pro

mavic mavic mavic

Reactions
Very frustrating to find that the crystal sky ultra 7.5 inch display does not recognise the existence of this drone. done an update and nothing. was also annoyed that there was no charger supplied with this screen. more than all of this, the instructions for all DJI products are completely hopeless. come on DJI, spend less on the fancy cartons and a bit more on a manual please? this screen will be returned to heliguy on monday for a refund.

Having had a good moan, i also have to say that the actual drone is very good. i know nothing about drones and was able to fly it with complete confidence. it did however take a 2 hour lesson from a professional before i could get it to work (take off) due to poor instructions!

UPDATE
Have to say heliguy were fantastic in sorting this for me and thank you to Lonjsnyder for the top tip of using the DJI Go4 app. This worked a treat and it is all working fine now. Heliguy spent ages on the phone talking me through the things I still needed help with. Great screen and drone!

Last edited:
I have a Mavic Platinum and a CrystalSky 7.85. I also have a P4. The CS and P4 connect and work fine together with the DJI mount. However, the MP and CS do not connect with the DJI mount for that product. CS does connect to MP with just a regular USB cable plugged in the side of CS.

Have you loaded the DJIGo4 App and then updated DJIGo4 via DJIGo4?

That is different than doing a general update of the Android system software on the CrystalSky.

Good info, thanks. The update did not fix the connection issue. I’m exchanging it in the hopes it is defective. Watch this space.

My CS UB also works fine with my MP and M2P. Make sure the DJI Go 4 app is running on v4.3.0. Make sure only one USB plug is occupied on on the RC. If the side port is occupied, the bottom port will be disabled.

Also make sure you CS has USB Debugging mode enabled. Otherwise the connection won't be recognized.

That side USB caused me all sorts of grief. I had enough problems with my Tab E connecting to have to compound with not knowing about the side USB just being plugged in would kill the USB-A data being disabled. I did get charging from it so how was I to know?

Make sure you have the latest version of the firmware for the CS, and the DJIgo4 app. Both are updated from the CS. Monitor works well with MP2.

I always use the USB-C type connection on the bottom of the screen, the one used by the DJI Phantom mount. For the CS I use the Polarpro mount, with a USB type C cable. Polar pro mount doesn’t fit tight as it did with Mavic Pro, (I have told Polar pro about this, but they seem to feel it’s OK), What is different is the fact the stick holder rubber makes the Polar Pro mount not get under neath the lip of the controller (front of polar pro mount). Sides work fine. The Mavmount 3.1 has the correct design and they also make an adapter for the CS.

Charger issue just points to the fact that DJI never thought the CS would be used with the Mavic line when they designed it. They were thinking of Inspire customers or Phantom as those chargers work. But I fully agree for the cost include a charger.

DJI included manuals are good for fire starters. Download the pdf user manual keep it on your mobile device. Manual for the CS is a bit weak even the pdf.

Paul C

Last edited:
Alas, as stated above, I returned the CS and ordered a new one. The new one arrived today. After connecting to the remote it fires up and works perfectly. No need for debugging mode between MP and CS 7.85.

As stated in another thread, I am a bit concerned how crunched the usb wire is between the mount and the remote. Seems hard on it.

Last edited:
Great, glad to see the 2nd one worked.

Paul C

As for mounting, here is a mounting option I posted in another thread. Works great. Crystalsky Mounting Bracket for RC Mavic Pro 2 : Not work
Here is my FrankenMount solution for the Mavic 2. I took the base plate from my MavMount (I believe it's version 2), removed the ball mount and replaced it with the DJI CrystalSky mount for Phantom. I used one of the existing holes in the base plate and bolted it through with a 6mm cap screw and lock nut.

I tried the Polar Pro mount but it doesn't fit well into the Mavic 2 controller because of the rubber holders for the controller knobs. I also tried the MavMount CrystalSky adapter but really wanted something with quick release.

This solution works beautifully. It is very stable and the DJI mount has a lanyard slot as well.
Crystalsky Mounting Bracket for RC Mavic Pro 2 : Not work

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Keith J