DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Crystal Sky Quality

Does the CrystalSky officially support the Mavic 2 Zoom or is it made to work with a hack?

Yes it works, I’ve been using it for several weeks. It’s DJIGo4 app is currently 1 version behind the iOS version such that there are a few minor features not yet available... changing hyperlapse speed and programming C1/C2 buttons to toggle vision sensors on/off. Otherwise it’s just plain fantastic as it’s much brighter than iOS devices.

Reactions: kencox
I can second everything already said. I have been flying for about 2.5 years and just picked up the CrystalSky. I previously used iPhones and iPads and the CrystalSky is in a different league. Flying was not as much fun before because I just could never see the screen well (even after trying several different hoods, etc). Now flying is a blast because I can see everything clearly and in great detail even in bright sunlight. If money is not an issue, it’s a no-brainer in my estimation.

Works well as pointed out, currently on my 7.5 I can't turn off AFC, the slider works under settings, but after you close out from settings you are still in AFC. I prefer AF/MF only.

So far with 3 or 4 flights, (not long distance) the CS has performed well on the MP2.

I connect with the USB-C port on the bottom of the monitor to the standard USB port of the controller.

Paul C

If you fly standing in direct sunlight all the time, you might want the CS.
I dont own one, but I do just fine in the shade with my Ipad air. Plus, for about the same money, you can use the ipad for other things too. browsing, email, e-reader, watching video, run apps.
The CS will not easily run any other apps from what I have read, so its for flying only pretty much.

Good point, as the CS is basically a DJI only device. Which is shame. The monitor is well made, and has a good layout, touch screen. It would be great to be able to use with other devices, like a DSLR, for Live View or other Video devices.

Some folks have successfully installed Litchi on the CS, but with it seems some have more success than others.

As for running standard Android apps like a Samsung phone, this doesn't seem very possible. Some people have found a way to get the Google app for down loading some other Android apps but again the interface seems less than stellar for anything besides DJIgo4.

Paul C

Good point, as the CS is basically a DJI only device. Which is shame. The monitor is well made, and has a good layout, touch screen. It would be great to be able to use with other devices, like a DSLR, for Live View or other Video devices.

Some folks have successfully installed Litchi on the CS, but with it seems some have more success than others.

As for running standard Android apps like a Samsung phone, this doesn't seem very possible. Some people have found a way to get the Google app for down loading some other Android apps but again the interface seems less than stellar for anything besides DJIgo4.

Paul C

The latest version of Litchi works very well on the CS with the M2P.

Thanks for all the advice. the CS is on order. Winter is coming and the cold weather support on the CrystalSky will be important. The iPad mini seems a little fragile for sub-zero use.

Okay -- now that it's settled I will buy a CS, next question is which size?
The 7.85" model looks really big and clunky and wonder if its really needed as whatever I do will be an upgrade from my iPhone 8.
Any more advice?
Any pics of a set up?

I won't be able to tell you if 7.85" is really needed but I went with 7.85" model because it is twice as bright as 5.5". With LifThor bracket and DJI CS quick release it works very good for me. Big plus is the ability to see RC display and controls without any need to tilt the monitor.
20180828_212124.jpg
20180828_212351.jpg20180704_180538.jpg

Reactions: nedcampbell
Do you get the full 1920x1080 video resolution with MP2? Someone claimed in another thread that the CrystalSky is not able to show the full resolution of the video from the Mavic Pro 2 because the CPU is too slow. Sounds odd to me.

Yes it works, I’ve been using it for several weeks. It’s DJIGo4 app is currently 1 version behind the iOS version such that there are a few minor features not yet available... changing hyperlapse speed and programming C1/C2 buttons to toggle vision sensors on/off. Otherwise it’s just plain fantastic as it’s much brighter than iOS devices.

Mine just arrived today and I wish I hadn't ordered the CrystalSky.
The Mavic 2 Zoom is not a choice in the devices.
The touch screen is flakey and sometimes unresponsive.
I can't charge the CrystalSky because it doesn't come with a charger or cord.
If I could, I'd send this back.
First time I've been disappointed by DJI.

Mine just arrived today and I wish I hadn't ordered the CrystalSky.
The Mavic 2 Zoom is not a choice in the devices.
The touch screen is flakey and sometimes unresponsive.
I can't charge the CrystalSky because it doesn't come with a charger or cord.
If I could, I'd send this back.
First time I've been disappointed by DJI.
That’s disappointing to hear about the M2Zoom not being supported. Thats really useful info.

Thanks. I did do the update but the device I have didn't show up. With 10% battery and no way to recharge, I'm kinda stumped until the charger arrives.

The latest version of Litchi works very well on the CS with the M2P.
Interesting. The only problem is that Litchi doesn't work very well with the M2P. Unless they've fixed it, it still has a major issue with interpolation jerkiness that it never had with the original Mavic.

I would really like to buy the CS, but for the same price, I could get a new iPad Pro 11" which seems far more versatile. In addition to everything else with iOS, you can run Litchi, Ground Station Pro, and AutoPilot.

I can second everything already said. I have been flying for about 2.5 years and just picked up the CrystalSky. I previously used iPhones and iPads and the CrystalSky is in a different league. Flying was not as much fun before because I just could never see the screen well (even after trying several different hoods, etc). Now flying is a blast because I can see everything clearly and in great detail even in bright sunlight. If money is not an issue, it’s a no-brainer in my estimation.

I just purchased an Ultra, but I didn't buy the monitor hood for another $79 because I'm not sure it's really necessary. Do you use one, and if so, would you recommend it?

Reactions: Cpt.Barbossa1072
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Opus3