DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Crystalsky is not useful to me with drones anymore. Any other uses?

ihavequestions

Reactions
I haven't used the crystal sky much as the newer iphones are higher nits now. It's been sitting in my closet for years now and I was just wondering if over time, people have found other ways to use it than the primary way? For example. I would love to use the Crystalsky as an external monitor for my Sony cameras. But it didn't have HDMI out to connect to the camera back a couple years ago. There were rumors of.a firmware update or other ways to hack a workaround. Just wondering if this ever happened? I see that some have managed to download external apps to make the connection so I'll try that but is there any other experience with this or any other ideas of how to use this monitor in other useful ways?

I use them with Litchi to fly the Mavic Mini

l am still using mines...love it

Reactions: gppms and Thomas B
I haven't used the crystal sky much as the newer iphones are higher nits now. It's been sitting in my closet for years now and I was just wondering if over time, people have found other ways to use it than the primary way? For example. I would love to use the Crystalsky as an external monitor for my Sony cameras. But it didn't have HDMI out to connect to the camera back a couple years ago. There were rumors of.a firmware update or other ways to hack a workaround. Just wondering if this ever happened? I see that some have managed to download external apps to make the connection so I'll try that but is there any other experience with this or any other ideas of how to use this monitor in other useful ways?
Like you I don't use my Crystalsky so much now as my Tripltek works with both my M2Z and my MM and is nearly as bright. So I am also wondering if I should sell it or not!?

I use them with Litchi to fly the Mavic Mini
Like you I don't use my Crystalsky so much now as my Tripltek works with both my M2Z and my MM and is nearly as bright. So I am also wondering if I should sell it or not!?

It's a no brainer to sell the CS if you already have a Tripletek, although sometimes the extra 800nits might come in handy.

Reactions: OldGuy
I have the CS Ultra Bright and cannot find anything that comes near the brightness! I use it with all my drones and on all jobs.

I have had my CS for 4 years now. I barely fly my mavic anymore, but I was thinking of getting a SEEK thermal camera and using it on my CS.

Has anyone else done this?
I tried to update my CS today and it was running so slow that I could barely get it to factory reset. Now it is reset and running great, but It is on very old firmware. I am unable to update the firmware via the interet for some reason even though I have an internet connection. It just says it FAILED.

Did DJI discontinue support for these? does anyone know how I can fix the internet update on this so that I dont have to do it manually?

Reactions: TonyPHX and MA2 317
The Air 2s was added to my fleet after making the post. I have also replaced the Crystal Sky with the Tripleck v8
I just got the Tripltek 9 and have to tell you, it is AMAZING and worth the move. Having a modern version of Android on there makes it nice to use, and well, the CPU is actually up to snuff for the more complex Dronelink missions etc. I picked it up so I could play around with Dronelink on the Mini3 and well may have to eat my words about the Mini3 not being able to be a good commercial drone. lol

Sorry, a little off topic, but since I saw your note about Tripltek, I just wanted to give it a thumbs up here on the next iteration. Pleasantly surprised. They nailed this one.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000