DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

CrystalSky monitors and MM?

telecam

Reactions
Is there a plan for the MM to work with CrystalSky monitors?

Doubtful.
Different radio frequency between the two.

It has nothing to do with radio frequencies. CrystalSky is a monitor only.

It's just a matter if DJI is willing to port the Fly app onto the CS... But here, you were right:
Doubtful.

I am also concerned about the CrystalSky and the MM. I mentioned it in a post last Saturday. I have bought a cheap Lenovo tablet to get me by until DJI hopefully come up with a fix for the CS. However my IT friend thinks differently quote:

“Been reading up on it and I am not optimistic that the Mavic Mini will ever be able to be flown from the CS. The reason is that the CS is a 32 bit device and the Fly app is 64 bit only. Which explains why it has to be Android 6 and above since that is 64 bit”.

Reactions: Danr-62
I am also concerned about the CrystalSky and the MM. I mentioned it in a post last Saturday. I have bought a cheap Lenovo tablet to get me by until DJI hopefully come up with a fix for the CS. However my IT friend thinks differently quote:

“Been reading up on it and I am not optimistic that the Mavic Mini will ever be able to be flown from the CS. The reason is that the CS is a 32 bit device and the Fly app is 64 bit only. Which explains why it has to be Android 6 and above since that is 64 bit”.
That would do it, if indeed the hardware is only 32bit.

Is there a plan for the MM to work with CrystalSky monitors?
I tried unsuccessfully to load the Mini app into my CS. Then contacted DJI. They were very responsive and prepared for my question. The reply I received was that the Mini is an entry level drone and not set up for CS. They indicated that they were considering adding the CS. I use it for my MP1 and have used it on my Evo. I tried to stress that once you use a CS you don’t want to use a phone/monitor. They got that message. Maybe if enough Mini owners push the use of the CS they will add it. Worth a try.
Bill Dunnuck

I also tried to side load the Fly app. on the CS. Nope, didn’t work. I asked Mad R/C (U-Tube blogger) if it could be done & he replied to me that the CS OS isn’t up to to it & doesn’t think that DJI will ever upgrade the CS OS to do so. & I absolutely believe him. He’s a genius on all DJI products. Ck. him out if you haven’t already. So no mini for me. I will pass. I really hate using a phone so I simply don’t.

Reactions: Starz
The thing is that even the Go app will start having higher requirements and the native Go on CS, not to mention Android base OS version is way outdated so DJI's excuse of Mini being entry level doesn't hold. They seem to have unofficially stopped supporting it yet it's not terribly old.

Reactions: Ping^Spike
I tried unsuccessfully to load the Mini app into my CS. Then contacted DJI. They were very responsive and prepared for my question. The reply I received was that the Mini is an entry level drone and not set up for CS. They indicated that they were considering adding the CS. I use it for my MP1 and have used it on my Evo. I tried to stress that once you use a CS you don’t want to use a phone/monitor. They got that message. Maybe if enough Mini owners push the use of the CS they will add it. Worth a try.
Bill Dunnuck
Same here with smart controller. I find that really silly not to be able to use dji device with dji drone, no matter what level that is. To go back to using phone/remote after getting used to SC is quite annoying.

The thing is that even the Go app will start having higher requirements and the native Go on CS, not to mention Android base OS version is way outdated so DJI's excuse of Mini being entry level doesn't hold. They seem to have unofficially stopped supporting it yet it's not terribly old.
A good reason to keep my old MP1. Too bad because flying with a CS is so much more enjoyable especially in the sun. Will keep my Typhoon H Plus too which has a very bright transmitter.

Same here with smart controller. I find that really silly not to be able to use dji device with dji drone, no matter what level that is. To go back to using phone/remote after getting used to SC is quite annoying.
That's because of the compatibility of remote function of the SC. You can't fly an M1 with it either. I don't think any of the Phantoms support OS2 either.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78