DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

CrystalSky not good with DJI PILOT/M2E

Cookedinlh

Reactions
Half dozen flights with M2E using CrystalSky running DJI PILOT tells me they’ve got work to do. First off the cable that comes with M2E/M2Z to connect to CS is flakey at best often disconnecting every few min while flying and having to be RE-seated... but travelling out to 1500ft or so the range and altitude stopped updating at 100ft AGL and 996ft range.... even though all other parameters continued to update. DJI PILOT needed to be restarted and when it did range and altitude remained at those last numbers. Brought it home with RTS. Changed batteries (CrystalSky) bat was low and restated everything... same thing happened a second time. Tried iPhone 6S+ instead of CS and no issue, no dropped comm, no reboots.. distance and altitude fine the whole trip.

I think SC software incompatible WITH M2E... as well as poor connector

Half dozen flights with M2E using CrystalSky running DJI PILOT tells me they’ve got work to do. First off the cable that comes with M2E/M2Z to connect to CS is flakey at best often disconnecting every few min while flying and having to be RE-seated... but travelling out to 1500ft or so the range and altitude stopped updating at 100ft AGL and 996ft range.... even though all other parameters continued to update. DJI PILOT needed to be restarted and when it did range and altitude remained at those last numbers. Brought it home with RTS. Changed batteries (CrystalSky) bat was low and restated everything... same thing happened a second time. Tried iPhone 6S+ instead of CS and no issue, no dropped comm, no reboots.. distance and altitude fine the whole trip.

I think SC software incompatible WITH M2E... as well as poor connector

Just curious how you were able to install DJI Pilot on your CrystalSky monitor? I was able to download the app on my CrystalSky monitor, but not install it.

This is the answer to how do you get AirData to sync with M2E automatically... the link that you get sent to said “not on this server” but I searched around on google and found it. That is tricky using the CrystalSky browser so I found it on the laptops and then had to type it in manually. You want to install “HDSync-1.3.1.apk” and it requires DJI Pilot 0.6.0. .. v1.3.1 is current but seems to still have issues as above. I went back to the original link https://airdata.com/hdc/ and it’s there now

Last edited:
Sorry didn't answer the question you asked. I have DJI PILOT Beta 1.0.1 installed and can’t remember how I installed it originally

Last edited:
Thanks good to know. Means it’s just a bad connector and they’ll fix it. This one would disconnect/fall out at the slightest jiggle . . Ruined a lot of shots

Follow up . . the supplier Gap Wireless from Toronto just sent me a video of them wiggling and yanking on the connector with no problem . . it's NOT a DJI cable or like any cable I've tried so they ahve agreed to send it back without sending it to DJI for assessment and send it back to me WITH the cable they have. Seems that might be all it is. Hope so. Gap Wireless are great at Customer Support . . unlike . . . you know . . the other guys

I have a M2P and 7.8 CS and no flight issues, none. 70+ flights. Cables from DJI all work great!
Nice to know some people are ok but just received my CS back with a new Non-stock 3rd party cable that works great . . .note too: I have the Mavic 2E with CS monitor on a Mavmounts mount . . .the DJI CS mount for Phantom has a LOCK that makes sure it does not fall out so maybe they were already aware of the issue and someone else found a solution. . . I think it;s the tolerance of the USB2 connector with CS port. . . some cables just have too big a tolerance

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucian