DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Crystalsky on Aliexpress

meens

Reactions
I want to buy the CrystalSky 7.85 UB and I live in Europe, the price on DJI is €1149 while you can find it on other reliable French shops for €979. However I found one on Aliexpress for € 748,42 and I would like to know if some of you have any experience buying it from Aliexpress. I already bought many items from them, it usually takes some times to travel from China but I never had any problem, however every time it was not too expensive items but since a Crystalsky monitor is quite an investement I would like your feedback if any :

Crystalsky on aliexpress : DJI CrystalSky pour inspirer 2/Mavic Pro/Phantom 4 Pro/OSMO À Distance Contrôleur 5.5 pouce 7.85 pouce Pièces D'origine dans Drone Accessoires Kits de Electronique sur AliExpress.com | Alibaba Group

Vincent

Hi, you wrote that previous imports were not expensive, so because of this, they may have avoided extra charges. As far as UK goes, an item like the Crystal Sky Ultra from Aliexpress would attract import duty, shipping, and customs handling charges, ALL of which are subject to VAT, only 6 month return to China warranty. I wouldn't do it. Have a look at UK's biggest drone shop, DRONES DIRECT, they ship to France, One year DJI warranty, EU taxes included in a price that is about £130 less than recommended retail. Tap in a "false order" to find shipping charge to France (free in UK), and cancel before payment. They don't charge for credit cards, (I pay with AMEX, and Amex pay me ! ) you may find though a fee from your credit card company for £/Euro conversion, which is standard for different currency transactions

Be careful with the CS Ultra there are quite a number of backlight failures happening, not as many problems with the normal CS models.

Also buy from your local DJI authorised retailer, DJI does not have a international warranty, so if you wanted to have the CS fixed in France you would have to pay for it or send it back to the Alienexpress seller in China which is very risky.

With the more expensive items like the CS is not often worthwhile looking for the absolutely lowest price. Also be wary of companies that grey market the CS as you will have warranty issues as well if problems arise.

Reactions: Anthony Viscomi
Be careful with the CS Ultra there are quite a number of backlight failures happening, not as many problems with the normal CS models.

Also buy from your local DJI authorised retailer, DJI does not have a international warranty, so if you wanted to have the CS fixed in France you would have to pay for it or send it back to the Alienexpress seller in China which is very risky.

With the more expensive items like the CS is not often worthwhile looking for the absolutely lowest price. Also be wary of companies that grey market the CS as you will have warranty issues as well if problems arise.
Do tell. I've had my ultra for more than a month with no failure. Please explain

Do tell. I've had my ultra for more than a month with no failure. Please explain

There have been a number of backlight failures on the Ultra reported where the screen flickers and eventually goes black, there is no timing on when it will happen, all have had to be warrantied.
I suspect thermal stress on the circuit board leading to broken solder joints.

Crystalsky screen blank

CrystalSky backlight flickering

Another Crystalsky Problem (backlight out)

CS Ultra screen goes blank mid flight.

Anybody using Crystalsky with Mavic

Anybody using Crystalsky with Mavic

Continued bad luck or bad QC?

I've also had my Ultra for 2.5 mths and it hasn't had a problem as well, but after the last firmware update which introduce DJI Go 4 4.1.18, I've noticed it running much hotter than before, previously the fan never came on and the unit was not warm after hours of use, now the fan comes on straight away and the back of the unit near the ports heats up.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rapidppoint