DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

CrystalSky Overheating issue

So it looks like we got the good batch, given both CS Ultra were built on the same day and so far we haven't had the serious problems yet. Thumbswayup
Shh...don't jinx us!

Just testing the CS 5.5 on full brightness, the fan comes on when the area on the side where the ports are reaches 39 - 40c, it then reduces the temp to around 35c and then turns itself off.

Last edited:
Just testing the CS 5.5 on full brightness, fans come on when the area on the side where the ports are reaches 38c, it then reduces the temp to 35c and then turns itself off
and what is the temp where you're at (i.e. room temp)?

My CS 5.5 has the over heating display problem.
Model: Unknown, build on: 2. December 2017.
Bought at DJI in Shenzhen, 2 weeks later...

I've tested the Crystalsky Ultra with DJI Go 4.2.4 from the latest firmware upgrade for 1.5 hours on full brightness and with the latest firmware for the AC, 3 full flights with the MPP and MA, ambient temp 23c and there wasn't a single glitch in the monitor, this was 4k 24fps, with caching back to the CS at 7gb
The hottest the Ultra panel got on max brightness was 41.5c , the side ports got to 38.6c and the back panel near the ports to 40c.

The CS fan never came on at all during the 1.5hrs and the temp was pretty consistent from about 15min from start up to the end. I'm not sure what the normal operating temperatures are for the CS Ultra. Interestingly though the RC fans came on after about 30mins, when previously in longer flight sessions they never came at all, weird.

DJI Go 4 4.2.4 worked flawlessly, there was no latency or pixelation at anytime in RC signal out or HD signal back, mind you I was using a Titan Cyclone 2.4ghz amplified panel.

I think they may have fixed the overheating problem for now, my CS build date it the 15/10/17 for reference, a couple of us who have this build date have CS Ultra's that get hot but have never failed.

Interesting to see how the other CS Ultra owners are fairing with the new firmware and 4.2.4

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pleopard