DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

CrystalSky QR onto MavMount3.0 modification

Cpt.Barbossa1072

Reactions
Hello drone fanatics... just a quick mod idea i did on getting a DJI Crystalsky-QR bracket onto a Mavmount3.0....took me about 1/2hr to do... l got all the hardwareparts for about $14 @ my local HomeDepot... DJI-QR$79, Mavmount3.0 $65, ur gonna need #212 screw eyes or look the size# that will fit the rear eye screw hole on bracket, 6M 1.0x16mm socket hex/cap bolt,16mm tension lock nut if needed)Blue-Locktite, 2/Tap&Drill bit set(as in pics)& 2 deadbolt/door frame brackets(as ur spacer)tongive u a lil'of height/sticks thung clearance,a few beers & a lil time.....! comes out super solid & wont budge a bit, once the rear bracket screw is drilled then taped theeaded with #32bit,screw in#212 eye screw with Locktite or drop of JBweld in threads, align/measure bracket screw hole with bolt, dont tighten in screw just yet...drill/tap #6mm just above 1/4-20 hole on mount, fit mavmount & QR onto controller fiting both bracket & mount flush to controller, make a dot-mark of hole and begin to drill...remove QR bracket, tap ur threads(take ur time)then place deadbolt door spacer/s onto mount while aligning both new holes & thread top 6M bolt 1st then align rear eye-screw to bracket tighten, down both from with Locktie/JBweld drop as u tighten from/rear til it fulsh & even... alow to
dry... mount on ur CS monitor & thats it..... use pics as details....IMG_4331.JPGIMG_4276.JPGIMG_4282.JPGIMG_4312.JPGIMG_4325.JPGIMG_4294.JPGIMG_4295.JPGIMG_4328.JPGView attachment 59423View attachment 59484View attachment 59485

Attachments

• IMG_4276.JPG
    IMG_4276.JPG
    319.8 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_4329.JPG
    IMG_4329.JPG
    421 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
I done exactly the same with my polar pro mountFE15F6A0-AD97-4048-8288-697091872CD0.jpeg

Remember to remove the plastic from the usb cable, bit of a pain but looks much better ;)

Reactions: Cpt.Barbossa1072
I done exactly the same with my polar pro mountView attachment 59425

Remember to remove the plastic from the usb cable, bit of a pain but looks much better ;)

looks cools, only thing that kept me from doin that mod is that the PolarPro mount doesnt fit flush under the control as the Mavmount does, like a "LOCK"lip... which pushes the mount further in, the PolarPro has those"tabs"that need to be shaved for the mount to fit in flush....but one
thing i like about the PolarPro set up is the raised height curves on the mount,raising the monitor up a bit highter, for thumbstick clearance..,i had to add 2"metal spacer" brackets to do just that, but once bolted with the 6M hex bolt it wont even budge...IMG_4312.JPGView attachment 59454

Reactions: Porky
Your right about the polar pro mount not fitting flush but that’s not a deal breaker. I’ve been using the mount since Christmas and not had any issues with it. All is needed is to remove the rubber paddle stays on the controller then it would fit just the same as your mount. Both rubber mounts are redundant, I never use them I keep my spare paddles in my case which is nice and secure.

I do like the polar pro raised mount this was one of the reasons I bought it, the mavmount was to expensive to ship to the UKo_O

Like your setup but again remove the plastic that’s on the usb cable;);)

do u have pics of how u managed to get the rear "eye-screw" in to secure down rear bracket down onto the aluminum frame?

No holes needed to be drilled, the mount comes in two parts, the main frame and the mount, the mount I never used, the hole in the main frame fitted exactly to the Dji mount;) It looked like it was designed to have the Dji mount fitted to it;)

E4488237-C7A6-422B-BC4F-29A4B5D00788.jpegED185165-D6B7-4D4D-8DEE-59CFEEC37C5E.jpeg

cool i saw a post somewheres that a rear eye screw/bolt was threaded into the frame & bolted down to prevent the bracket from swiveling...! thought is was ur set up...

when I was looking at this idea, I was just going to drill and tap a hole in the back part of the DJI mount, and put a countersunk screw up through the baseplate into it. someone with a small hobby lathe and mill could manufracture a stud with a hole to engage the DJI mounting bolt, but you'd still need to drill a hole in the baseplate to locate it.

hey found it... heres a snap pic of the guys posting... View attachment 59483

Didn’t need to do anything, the raised edge on the frame holds the mount securely in place, see photo plus the underside of the Dji mount has some sort of rubber backing which helps it too. Just one screw then your good to go.
1BF5ACB3-F0D1-40A7-8D35-B8992521744E.jpeg

I’ve just removed the rubber paddle stays on the controller, now the polar pro frame fits perfectly in the controller;)

View attachment 59637

Wow that looks freaking awesome! can you send me a pic of the back of the mount on the controller & with your monitor mounted on it..... I managed to take off the "saran wrap" plastic on the usb-c cable.... looks ways better now...! thanx[emoji482][emoji106]IMG_4345.JPGIMG_4343.JPGIMG_4341.JPGIMG_4346.JPGIMG_4344.JPG

Yours is looking goodThumbswayupThumbswayup definitely better with the plastic removed from the cable;)

As requested, remember my CS is the 5.5 model;)E415B734-D8F5-4D8F-A823-3106A64195DB.jpeg2F354FE2-EF9F-458D-BFBB-EE0B34BE5B95.jpeg9B120C3B-A34C-46BD-AC0D-688EAC995639.jpeg1172402E-E02A-4A18-9AA8-32663F6F78E2.jpegE0470AA9-7BB4-4AD5-ABB7-1679E4445618.jpeg

Reactions: Mavic Pro Platinum
I like that the Mavmount is made so the outside edges are parallel rather than angled like the PolarPro... fits the controller arms correctly...

I like that the Mavmount is made so the outside edges are parallel rather than angled like the PolarPro... fits the controller arms correctly...

Isn’t a problem for me, I was using an iPhone 6 with the same angle so it’s only what you get used to;) it’s nice and comfortable in the hands while flying;)

Yours is looking goodThumbswayupThumbswayup definitely better with the plastic removed from the cable;)

As requested, remember my CS is the 5.5 model;)View attachment 59693View attachment 59694View attachment 59695View attachment 59696View attachment 59697
See what I like about your PolarPro Mount set up ,is that it is raised a little higher in the center,as for my mavmount had to use 2 door-deadbolt plates as spacers to raise my CS bracket up a lil bit, giving me much more thumb stick clearance...Then I aligned ,drilled/tapped & threaded in an eye-screw bolt to secure down the rear, making it super sturdy... & 6mm hex infront ,wont budge for nothing....! but i like your set up now that i know u can remove the rubber sticks holder to make it go in more flush ,locking into the bottom controller.... Kudos to you on that...!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
magic31