DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

CS 5.5 VS 7.5

Barbara

Premium Pilot
Reactions
I love my CS 5.5". I use it with both my Spark and M2Z and that extra brightness was just what I needed. My only complaint is that text is still rather small and hard to read at times.

Is the CS 7.5" any easier to read? Is there a significant difference in the size of the text? Logically I would think so, but....

SO, anyone out there that has experience with both I would appreciate your opinion. It's a fair chunk of change to lay out, but what the hey... can't take it with me...

Reactions: Gagey52
Yes, the CS785 is much easier to use than the CS550. I have both and bought the CS785 to replace the CS550 because it was hard to read and touch the right spot on the screen.

Yes, the CS785 is much easier to use than the CS550. I have both and bought the CS785 to replace the CS550 because it was hard to read and touch the right spot on the screen.
Thanks, that's what i was hoping to hear. And yes, I've noticed that touching the screen in the right spot can be a challenge at times.

Reactions: WobblingWillie
Thanks, that's what i was hoping to hear. And yes, I've noticed that touching the screen in the right spot can be a challenge at times.
Still not as easy as touching the right spot on an iPad.....but the iPad only has less than 500 nits.... ;)

Reactions: Barbara
Still not as easy as touching the right spot on an iPad.....but the iPad only has less than 500 nits.... ;)
I'm sure you're right, but my biggest priority was something my old eyes can actually see in sunlight. Hence my purchase of the CS550. I was flying the Spark at the time and springing for the larger screen then seemed like too much for a hobby I was just starting in.

Live and learn.....

I have used both and recommend CS785 that I use with my Mavic 2 Pro and Phantom 3 standard. I only wish it would work with my Mavic mini.
I hear you. I had been looking to upgrade from the Spark to the Air2, but not being able to use the CrystalSky was a no go. Ended up buying the M2Z and love it. Now I need a bigger screen....there seems to be no end to the upgrade chain. Reminds me a lot of my other affliction, motorcycling.

Reactions: Little bird
I have used both and recommend CS785 that I use with my Mavic 2 Pro and Phantom 3 standard. I only wish it would work with my Mavic mini.
Your CS will work with your Mini if you use Litchi. I'm waiting for Licthci to finish their software for the Air 2 so I can use my CS with my Air 2 also.

Reactions: Tr 68
I love my CS 5.5". I use it with both my Spark and M2Z and that extra brightness was just what I needed. My only complaint is that text is still rather small and hard to read at times.

Is the CS 7.5" any easier to read? Is there a significant difference in the size of the text? Logically I would think so, but....

SO, anyone out there that has experience with both I would appreciate your opinion. It's a fair chunk of change to lay out, but what the hey... can't take it with me...
I have the CS Ultra 7.5" which I use with my M2Z. Would I buy it again no! It's old tech and doesn't work with the newer DJI drones like the MA2 and the Mini 2 as it is based on a 32 bit system. For this reason I bought a Tripltek 7" tablet which is just slightly smaller than the CS but it does work with both my M2Z and Mini 2 as it is 64 bit. The CS with a 2000 NIT screen is brighter than the Tripltek at 1200 NIT but at least it works with both drones.

I still use the CS with the original Mavic Pro. Works just fine. Had to go with the Smart Controller for MA2 and thought I’d be able to use it with the Mini 2 by now. I don’t understand why DJI continues to drag their feet on making the SC compatible with the Mini 2. Once you use either the CS or SC, it’s hard to go back to a phone or iPad.

I have the CS Ultra 7.5" which I use with my M2Z. Would I buy it again no! It's old tech and doesn't work with the newer DJI drones like the MA2 and the Mini 2 as it is based on a 32 bit system. For this reason I bought a Tripltek 7" tablet which is just slightly smaller than the CS but it does work with both my M2Z and Mini 2 as it is 64 bit. The CS with a 2000 NIT screen is brighter than the Tripltek at 1200 NIT but at least it works with both drones.
Thanks for the feedback. It's proving almost impossible to find a CS785 in Canada. I realize it's old tech, but it will work with both my drones. Any that I can find from the US are at a premium and would cost hundreds more.

Instead of the more expensive CS 7.5 inch take a look at the Feelworld 279S (I think is the model). I bought one (But I'm not home right now to check for sure on the model number), it is a 7 inch monitor, connects via HDMI (I use it with my SC because it is larger and much brighter. The model number I mentioned is their astonishing 2,200NITS of brightness screen.

Far brighter, lighter in weight and cheaper than the Crystal Sky, if this will work with what you already own. I have mine set up so that the Feelworld monitor shows only what the camera sees and the rest of the flying date is displayed on my SC. It is a great 7 inch super, super bright monitor for those very bright summer days.

Instead of the more expensive CS 7.5 inch take a look at the Feelworld 279S (I think is the model). I bought one (But I'm not home right now to check for sure on the model number), it is a 7 inch monitor, connects via HDMI (I use it with my SC because it is larger and much brighter. The model number I mentioned is their astonishing 2,200NITS of brightness screen.

Far brighter, lighter in weight and cheaper than the Crystal Sky, if this will work with what you already own. I have mine set up so that the Feelworld monitor shows only what the camera sees and the rest of the flying date is displayed on my SC. It is a great 7 inch super, super bright monitor for those very bright summer days.
Once upon a time I considered the Freeworld monitor. It has 2 draw backs that kept me from buying it. You have to have a separate monitor to go with it so that you have the HDMI output to it (so you're holding 2 monitors) and it is not a touch screen, so you still have to try and touch the right spot on the small Crystalsky screen. But it is another option. I'm sure it is easier to handle with the Smartcontroller since that screen is built in to the controller.

Once upon a time I considered the Freeworld monitor. It has 2 draw backs that kept me from buying it. You have to have a separate monitor to go with it so that you have the HDMI output to it (so you're holding 2 monitors) and it is not a touch screen, so you still have to try and touch the right spot on the small Crystalsky screen. But it is another option. I'm sure it is easier to handle with the Smartcontroller since that screen is built in to the controller.
I considered this too, but as you said, too many monitors as I don't have the Smart Controller and would still be using the CS550. What I'm looking for is a larger touch screen to display, and make it easier to use, the telemetry and camera/drone menus.

Yes it is easy and compact as a bundle plus light weight compared to the Crystal Sky monitor weight and the best part of all, other than that amazing 2,200 NITS of brightness, is that it only cost about $235 new. I got mine as an open box on ebay for $177. and free shipping. I think B&H sell them for $235. There are the two draw backs you mentioned, but if you can work around those, it is fantastic.

If you using the SC as the main device, you are already controlling flight from that so the touching of that screen for other functions is not too much to have to do. Brightness is probably the most important part of a second monitor, for someone wanting a second monitor, as well as size of course, and the Feelword offer the brightest monitor on the market. I found that going larger than 7 inches with a second monitor, it all starts to get too big to handle and too big to store and take with you.

It has arrived!! :) Huge difference, I can actually read it. Very happy. Now I have to load up Litchi and put up with those annoying "Google Services Have Stopped Working" messages.

It has arrived!! :) Huge difference, I can actually read it. Very happy. Now I have to load up Litchi and put up with those annoying "Google Services Have Stopped Working" messages.
Buy Litchi through Amazon and use the Amazon installer to install it on your Crystalsky. DOn't try to load it through the Playstore.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Schmidteh121