DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

3 CTSRR Cumbres Pass Photo

CTSRR Cumbres Pass Photo
My bride picked this view as her favorite from my tip to Cumbres Pass on 01-03-21. Snotel reported 68 inches of snow while I was there.
View attachment 141249
Very nice photo! was the area around your house plowed? Or is there something magical about the sparse snow around the house? Or was the snow falling from the foreground so the house's profile blocked the snow from falling there?

Is that a real bungalow, the windows look odd?
If real, what's the cause of the absent snow around this end of the bungalow?

Same questions as above. I can see why the snow is like it is. Came from the windward side and drifted past the leeward side. But the house is hard to discern if it real as it is a very stark contrast to the snow.

Very nice photo! was the area around your house plowed? Or is there something magical about the sparse snow around the house? Or was the snow falling from the foreground so the house's profile blocked the snow from falling there?
Not my house. It is the section house for the Cumbres & Toltec Scenic Railroad. I THINK the open areas around the structures was caused by the wind during the storm.

Same questions as above. I can see why the snow is like it is. Came from the windward side and drifted past the leeward side. But the house is hard to discern if it real as it is a very stark contrast to the snow.
Yes it is real. All The railroad structures at Cumbres Pass are real and they are maintained.

As soon as I saw it I laughed and realized the lack of snow was due to strong winds. Really impressive. I'm happy we don't get that kind of snow, although we do have interesting weather....-30F today.

As soon as I saw it I laughed and realized the lack of snow was due to strong winds. Really impressive. I'm happy we don't get that kind of snow, although we do have interesting weather....-30F today.
IMHO the wind and snow can and will make for some interesting looks.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
seaphotos