DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Curved Flight Path

sitecre8r

Reactions
Hi,
Is there a flight panning app that will make the Mavic fly in a curved path?
Thanks,
SC

You can achieve this by using the Active Track Intelligent Flight mode. This is assuming that you have a point of interest that you want to fly a half circle around. Just draw a box around the object from within the Active Track mode. Touch GO in the center of that box you drew onscreen. Below that there will be a half crescent shaped line that one can touch and drag. As you drag it to the right the Mavic will fly right at the speed that is noted below the half crescent. Drag it left and the Mavic will fly left at the speed noted.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Hi,

That's not what I meant, but it was probably going to be my next question. THAT's really cool. Thanks.

What I had in mind was a zip-wire type flight path, but one that's curved.

I had flying round a curved bay, in mind - maintaining the same distance from the shore as I fly from one side to the other.

Thanks,

SC

You can achieve this by using the Active Track Intelligent Flight mode. This is assuming that you have a point of interest that you want to fly a half circle around. Just draw a box around the object from within the Active Track mode. Touch GO in the center of that box you drew onscreen. Below that there will be a half crescent shaped line that one can touch and drag. As you drag it to the right the Mavic will fly right at the speed that is noted below the half crescent. Drag it left and the Mavic will fly left at the speed noted.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
Thank you, very well done. Even I understand it.

Hi,
Is there a flight panning app that will make the Mavic fly in a curved path?

One of the options in Litchi waypoint missions is curved corners at waypoints. Also, if you draw out a curved path and let Litchi select the waypoints the entire path will be as curvy as you want.

Lichti would work as well although it comes with a $25.00 price tag and may have more features than you really need to fly a stable and smooth/fluid arc around any subject.

Now if you are flying semi complex paths then by all means Lichti is your go-to app.

Last edited:
Fabulous. Thanks everyone. I think I'm veering towards Litchi instead of autopilot. Good idea? Neither are too expensive in light of what you get. I I
Thanks.
SC

Just for information, I'll offer some examples of curved flight paths for multi-rotor and fixed-wing drones. See the attached images: the Purtuntiq image is for a multi-rotor (no turnout loops) while the rest are for fixed-wing drones or piloted aircraft.Purtuniq - Quebec - Canada Image.jpgSilent Falcon NM TL Corridor 011519.jpg

Dronelink has a free beta that easily creates curved paths. I have been using it for over a month and really find it very customizable.

Does Dronelink provide the turn-out loops for fixed-wing drones/piloted aircraft? See ExamplesBessemer Airport POINTS 021619.jpgPeeble Creek Mine Second TEST 021819 Image.jpg

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twin01