DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

D-LOGm trouble grading, any LUTs available?

Apollo12230

Reactions
Hey guys, I've been looking at my footage in 10bit DLOGm and I've been trying to manually grade it with the Lumetri Color Panel in Premiere and I have yet to be able to get an image I am satisfied with. Are there any LUTs available for the Mavic 2 or any LUTs that would work for it?

Jamal, I got your 5 LUT set for Mavic 2 and they won't load in FCPX. I sent you a note from your website with the error message. Can you take a look?

Jamal, I got your 5 LUT set for Mavic 2 and they won't load in FCPX. I sent you a note from your website with the error message. Can you take a look?

Thanks for the quick turnaround fixing this Jamal. Yes, the LUTs work with FCPX now. And a nice overall job with these, balancing color and contrast. Forest Fresh is working well for my current project.

Ground Control (better starting point?) and Mauro so far (more of a finished look).
I wouldnt bother buying any, especially this early on.
DJI are looking into releasing a real one soon.

I've been trying LUTs intended for Sony SLOG2 with quite good results.
There's a free pack available from here
LOG ⇄ 709 LUTs Conversion Pack (Free) by IWLTBAP
I find SLOG2 version 2 and Version 3 worked best with quick test from yesterday, it will depend on the lighting while recording.

Default LOG from M2P is rather soft, you will need sharpening, it helps a lot to up shapen to +1 when recording.
Leave contrast and saturation on zero.
Set your colour balance manually either sunny/cloudy or manually around 5800.

Using the normal colour setting it looks better to me with contrast and saturation on -2
Again it will depend on the day and your preference.
LOG gives potentially best results over a wide range of conditions.

What settings are you using to render H265? I attempted this earlier and it took an hour for a 30 second clip

I'm actually rendering into h.264, but using 265 wasn't especially slow(er).
It's just at present my laptop struggles to play it and I like to confirm a video looks OK on a second machine.
As I see it you still have the HEVC advantage when editing.
I don't suppose youtube plays the file in h.265 anyway.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Whitehammer661