DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Da Vinci Resolve v16 and my MA2 mp4 video (media offline error)

RonanCork

Reactions
Hey Guys,

Sorry - Hope this is posted to the correct forum.

I've the new MA2 and also edit using Da Vinci Resolve v16.

When I import my media into Resolve it shows as "Media Offline".

It all works fine though if I import a video from my old MA2 (H264 from what I recall)

Guessing it's to do with H265 or some codec ? Would anyone know how I can fix it ?

Thanks Ro

Seems like you are maybe disconnecting the SD card before rendering your video? You can copy the video to a folder on your computer first, before importing that into Davinci, and it should continue to work after you eject the SD card.

Have you moved any of your source files? I know that once you import files you have to leave them where they were or reimport them. Occassionally I'd get that offline message, but clicking on the timeline brings everything back. I'll be interested to know how you find and solve the problem.

BTW... DaVinci Resolve is so incredible. I can't believe what Black Magic Design is putting out there FOR FREE!

Seems like you are maybe disconnecting the SD card before rendering your video? You can copy the video to a folder on your computer first, before importing that into Davinci, and it should continue to work after you eject the SD card.
Hey,

Thanks for the response - nope I didn't do that. I actually just tried again now - recorded a short video (mp4/4k-24fps) using the MA2. I then copied from my SD card to my PC. I do this by placing my micro USB card (image attached) in a USB key (which has a compartment for a micro USB card). I then put this USB key into my laptop. Same card I had used my for MA (never gave a problem). I did last week (in my MA2) reformat this card (using DGI GO fly) so it should be fine to use with the MA2.

When I tried to view on my laptop my first MA2 video. I put in the USB key and it said drive error - fix (something like that). I did this and it then said no errors found. I was able to copy the mp4 to my laptop and it plays fine (using VLC). Odd that it complained though maybe that's relevant

Attachments

• micro_sd_card.png
    micro_sd_card.png
    630.9 KB · Views: 8
Hey,

Thanks for the response - nope I didn't do that. I actually just tried again now - recorded a short video (mp4/4k-24fps) using the MA2. I then copied from my SD card to my PC. I do this by placing my micro USB card (image attached) in a USB key (which has a compartment for a micro USB card). I then put this USB key into my laptop. Same card I had used my for MA (never gave a problem). I did last week (in my MA2) reformat this card (using DGI GO fly) so it should be fine to use with the MA2.

When I tried to view on my laptop my first MA2 video. I put in the USB key and it said drive error - fix (something like that). I did this and it then said no errors found. I was able to copy the mp4 to my laptop and it plays fine (using VLC). Odd that it complained though maybe that's relevant

Card might need to be reformatted.. You can do that through the option in DJI Fly.

Have you moved any of your source files? I know that once you import files you have to leave them where they were or reimport them. Occassionally I'd get that offline message, but clicking on the timeline brings everything back. I'll be interested to know how you find and solve the problem.

BTW... DaVinci Resolve is so incredible. I can't believe what Black Magic Design is putting out there FOR FREE!
Heya, nope didn't move any files at all. I copied them from SD card to laptop. Then in DVR tried to import them from the laptop directory they were in.
Thanks Ro

Card might need to be reformatted.. You can do that through the option in DJI Fly.
I did reformat it before first use with the MA2 and GO Fly said all was fine and the format succeeded. In the app too, when the drone was in the air and I'd recorded a few videos I was able to (in GO Fly) view the videos I'd taken. So it did seem like they were saved ok onto the card.

Hey Guys,

I googled a little and I came across this link about installing HVEC video extension on my Windows 10 laptop. I did that and hey presto it worked.

In DVR though I still see H.264 and not H265 (in the Deliver tab). Maybe some setting in Resolve I need to do if I even need to do it ? I was able to import my media successfully, edit my clip, add a LUT and export/deliver my resulting video. Very happy with the quality of it.

Thanks Ro

Not to hijack this thread but speaking of DaVinci Resolve 16, has anyone had issues importing HDR or D-cinelike footage?
I got an error a couple of times stating it doesn't support the clips.
Thanks and I hope someone will let me know if my OT post is bad ethics here...I was hoping I could just get a quick answer rather than starting a whole thread on the question.

Not to hijack this thread but speaking of DaVinci Resolve 16, has anyone had issues importing HDR or D-cinelike footage?
I got an error a couple of times stating it doesn't support the clips.
Thanks and I hope someone will let me know if my OT post is bad ethics here...I was hoping I could just get a quick answer rather than starting a whole thread on the question.
Heya. The media I imported from my MA2 was shot in DCinelike 24fps.After I did the codec magic all worked fine. I did also install to the latest DVR just for good measure.
Ro

Hey Guys,

I googled a little and I came across this link about installing HVEC video extension on my Windows 10 laptop. I did that and hey presto it worked.

In DVR though I still see H.264 and not H265 (in the Deliver tab). Maybe some setting in Resolve I need to do if I even need to do it ? I was able to import my media successfully, edit my clip, add a LUT and export/deliver my resulting video. Very happy with the quality of it.

Thanks Ro

The video extension lets you decode h.265, but doesn't let you encode I think.

Maybe formatting it on the GO app then using it in the Fly app has something to do with it? Sometimes PCs are persnickety about those kind of things...

Just to tag one solution to this thread, for posterity's sake. I have to run all of my MA2 and M2P footage through Handbrake. It's a conversion tool and has been my workaround until I figure out what capture mode will work without conversion.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wqb3