DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 2 Dances with Gulls

Droffarc

Reactions
Any sailor knows that the place to pick up gulls (and other general maladies) is a harbour.
This is Harbour Island between Strand and Gordon's Bay in the Western Cape South Africa.
It features a boat slipway and moorings, restaurant, hotel and accommodation - and the odd gull.
These seemed interested in dancing and of course eyeing my mini2.

See more of my video clips on my YT channel at:

how about this, my buddy was flying his mini2 when he saw this buzzard swoop down to attack but stopped at the last minute

Attachments

• buzzard.JPG
    buzzard.JPG
    214.7 KB · Views: 30
  • Wow
Reactions: Droffarc
how about this, my buddy was flying his mini2 when he saw this buzzard swoop down to attack but stopped at the last minute
I don't believe that is a Buzzard, but rather, a Hawk. If you were meaning a Turkey Vulture which is often called a Buzzard, then no that most definitely is not a Turkey Vulture. Plus, TVs don't generally attack anything, unless it is dead!

The harbor video is great! Gulls came in right on cue! ??

Bird pic is good too! Perfect timing.

I don't believe that is a Buzzard, but rather, a Hawk. If you were meaning a Turkey Vulture which is often called a Buzzard, then no that most definitely is not a Turkey Vulture. Plus, TVs don't generally attack anything, unless it is dead!
Are you certain it is not a Welsh Rare bird?
My TV does not attack anything, it just sits there and glares at me - probably waiting for me to die!

The harbor video is great! Gulls came in right on cue! ??

Bird pic is good too! Perfect timing.
Thanks Prop Wash.
Yeah, the Gulls were standing in a queu for a chance for a dance. Saturday night fever sort of thing, you know

in the UK it's definitly a buzzard see another photo from a nature album

Attachments

• external-content.duckduckgo.com.jpg
    external-content.duckduckgo.com.jpg
    4 KB · Views: 9
in the UK it's definitly a buzzard see another photo from a nature album
Yep, definitely different from our buzzard, a black turkey vulture. They kind of like my drones but eventually lose interest. Like said, if it ain't dead......

I think you mean Rare Bit.
Nope.
[The word rarebit is a corruption of rabbit, "Welsh rabbit" being first recorded in 1725, and "rarebit" in 1781. Rarebit is not used on its own, except in alluding to the dish. In 1785, Francis Grose defined a "Welch rabbit" [sic] as "a Welch rare bit", without saying which came first.]

I meant Rare bird 'cos it aint no rabbit nor toast with cheese on that attacks drones in the air, Welsh or otherwise. Hope there are no Martian birds that attack drones! They would indeed be rare birds!

1621585010596.png

Nope.
[The word rarebit is a corruption of rabbit, "Welsh rabbit" being first recorded in 1725, and "rarebit" in 1781. Rarebit is not used on its own, except in alluding to the dish. In 1785, Francis Grose defined a "Welch rabbit" [sic] as "a Welch rare bit", without saying which came first.]

I meant Rare bird 'cos it aint no rabbit nor toast with cheese on that attacks drones in the air, Welsh or otherwise. Hope there are no Martian birds that attack drones! They would indeed be rare birds!

View attachment 129455
I don't understand why there is a spelling of Welch in what you showed. Welch has nothing to do with Welsh. There is something in the US called Welches grape juice but that word has nothing to do with the country of Wales nor the people of Wales or the language which is Welsh.

1621622601470.png
Francis Grose spelled it that way, maybe he had something against the Cymry? or against spelling?
He was a Grose person anyway ?‍♂️

View attachment 129477
Francis Grose spelled it that way, maybe he had something against the Cymry? or against spelling?
He was a Grose person anyway ?‍♂️
Ohhh well, that explains a lot! Mr. Grose created a dictionary that was basically created to amuse or poke fun at things, rather than be taken seriously. That would explain the Welch rather than the correct Welsh. Now it all makes sense. Thanks for the explanation.

Ohhh well, that explains a lot! Mr. Grose created a dictionary that was basically created to amuse or poke fun at things, rather than be taken seriously. That would explain the Welch rather than the correct Welsh. Now it all makes sense. Thanks for the explanation.
But dont mind me, I'm just a grockel (spelling?) but yn gallu olrhain fy ngwreiddiau i'r Griffiths yn amwys

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danski_inthe_Sky