DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

3 Dangerous Tooth shelter and Ravni Del

Again, a great clip Alex. I can see how high you fly but can you tell me how low you fly from your takeoff point and what drone you used on this particular flight please?

Reactions: alex_markov
Again, a great clip Alex. I can see how high you fly but can you tell me how low you fly from your takeoff point and what drone you used on this particular flight please?
I did not get Your question. I used M3 - I was at the shelter But gusts were strong and I filmed the approach with my phone (see below) and just when departing decided to unleash the drone ;)

Reactions: Crash Gibby
I understand now. I thought you had filmed from the high spot! So you filmed from the lower level shelter and then hiked to the top. How high are those cliffs above the town/village?

Alex- once again you make we want to visit Bulgaria. There seems to be endless scenes locations that you have shown us.

You mention that there were high gusts. As a former glider pilot I would be very cautious about how I flew if a strong steady wind was blowing toward those cliffs. That will produce significant lift on the windward side of that cliff, but equivalent sink on the leeward side. Even a strong drone like the M3 could get grounded in the downdraft at the leeward edge of ridge lift.

Thanks again for posting.

Alex- once again you make we want to visit Bulgaria. There seems to be endless scenes locations that you have shown us.

You mention that there were high gusts. As a former glider pilot I would be very cautious about how I flew if a strong steady wind was blowing toward those cliffs. That will produce significant lift on the windward side of that cliff, but equivalent sink on the leeward side. Even a strong drone like the M3 could get grounded in the downdraft at the leeward edge of ridge lift.

Thanks again for posting.
I was a paraglider myself for several years but long ago - the drone is a lot more capable in the wind, I can tell You by personal experience - strange effect thou - when I was up I felt the gust and decided not to fly, But when down re desided and fly anyway 1659881737628.png

I really enjoyed your video. You did a nice job with the reveals. Nice mellow music. Beautiful location to fly! Thanks for sharing.

I share fguthrie's comments. I particularly liked when you turned around and showed the valley behind and the cliff edge on the left. Nicely done both in the flying and the photography. As soon as the sky was largely out of the shot, the landscape was revealed as beautiful, probably because auto exposure was used. Thanks.

I loved the drone video. You really got up to the top quickly. The hiking video you did at the top look amazingly unnerving!

• Haha
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JuiceThe6One