DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Daring ride around Nissan Stadium,Nashville,Tn. Home of the Tennessee Titans and skyline.

I think that video was good and smoothly flown, but I would have liked it more if you had tilted the gimbal down a bit. Half the picture was that gray sky, and tilting the gimbal down would also have given you a much better exposure on the stadium.

Nice! I’ve been wanting to get down to the stadium and do some flying. I’m out in Mt Juliet.

Reactions: bronze661
Nice video, I have several questions being a rookie drone operator and owner of MPP1.
1: Are you 107 certified
2 :Who did you contact for permission to fly within 5 mile radius of international airport and many helipads
3 did you edit the video if not that video clearly demonstrates you could not have maintained visual line of sight.
Not trying to be mean or rain on your video but flying downtown Nashville as a hobbiest I do believe is complete illegal and believe me I want to fly downtown badly. Born and raised in East Nashville. As a photographer I would love to capture all the changes going on downtown but to my understanding that is not possible. I hope to start studying 107 regulations if that is what I need to fly within 5 mile radius of international airports that would be awesome.

Old saying if you do the crime prepare to do the time or in this case fine. Lot of helicopters around Nashville

I don
Nice video, I have several questions being a rookie drone operator and owner of MPP1.
1: Are you 107 certified
2 :Who did you contact for permission to fly within 5 mile radius of international airport and many helipads
3 did you edit the video if not that video clearly demonstrates you could not have maintained visual line of sight.
Not trying to be mean or rain on your video but flying downtown Nashville as a hobbiest I do believe is complete illegal and believe me I want to fly downtown badly. Born and raised in East Nashville. As a photographer I would love to capture all the changes going on downtown but to my understanding that is not possible. I hope to start studying 107 regulations if that is what I need to fly within 5 mile radius of international airports that would be awesome.

Old saying if you do the crime prepare to do the time or in this case fine. Lot of helicopters around Nashville

Bronze661 probably checked AirMap like I did before I flew my MP in Nashville last summer. If you had checked your facts, you'd have seen that Bronze 661 was NOTin BNA airspace (had he flown south of Shelby Ave, he WOULD have been illegal). As to helicopter activity--I saw none the day I was in Nashville. And I was LOOKING. In any case, helis are easy to hear even at a distance, giving the RPIC plenty of time for evasive action.

Legally circling Nissan Stadium with a sUAS can be done easily if the RPIC will station one or two VO's on the opposite side of the stadium. BTW, I didn't circle the stadium. I was alone, and had nobody to help observe.

I'm for giving Bronze661 the benefit of the doubt, that he did his homework before making this excellent video (though I too wish he had angled the gimbal down more).

If you intend to fly downtown Nashville, You'd better do YOUR homework (you obviously haven't so far). You'll find the greatest hazard to be the limited visibility afforded by the narrow, tree-lined downtown streets, the tall buildings, and all the construction equipment, especially near Grand Ole Opry.

P.S. I'm from Texas. I just flew into Nashville for the day--never been there before. I did my homework.

I don

Bronze661 probably checked AirMap like I did before I flew my MP in Nashville last summer. If you had checked your facts, you'd have seen that Bronze 661 was NOTin BNA airspace (had he flown south of Shelby Ave, he WOULD have been illegal). As to helicopter activity--I saw none the day I was in Nashville. And I was LOOKING. In any case, helis are easy to hear even at a distance, giving the RPIC plenty of time for evasive action.

Legally circling Nissan Stadium with a sUAS can be done easily if the RPIC will station one or two VO's on the opposite side of the stadium. BTW, I didn't circle the stadium. I was alone, and had nobody to help observe.

I'm for giving Bronze661 the benefit of the doubt, that he did his homework before making this excellent video (though I too wish he had angled the gimbal down more).

If you intend to fly downtown Nashville, You'd better do YOUR homework (you obviously haven't so far). You'll find the greatest hazard to be the limited visibility afforded by the narrow, tree-lined downtown streets, the tall buildings, and all the construction equipment, especially near Grand Ole Opry.

P.S. I'm from Texas. I just flew into Nashville for the day--never been there before. I did my homework.
I don

I bet you did your homework, guess I should not be using B4 you fly. I was asking OP questions not a tourist. Nothing personal if he is flying downtown legal cool I was asking for contact info Mr. now please let’s wait to read OP reply. Thanks buddy

I don

Homework but I knew without opening the app. I have lived here 63 years and counting btw
A495ABEA-09DF-485C-824F-06A780A1BBCD.jpeg

I was surprised to see that downtown Nashville is not in a no fly zone. I think it's about 7 or 8 miles from the airport.Registered with FAA. I had the Litchi Mission gimble set to interpolate. The poi was 3 foot off the center of the field. Wished the camera was pointing down more too. If I'm not mistaken, Interpolate kinda means, "close enough" in this case. I'm going to use Focus on poi more.

Reactions: Mav.phant.inspire
I was surprised to see that downtown Nashville is not in a no fly zone. I think it's about 7 or 8 miles from the airport.Registered with FAA. I had the Litchi Mission gimble set to interpolate. The poi was 3 foot off the center of the field. Wished the camera was pointing down more too. If I'm not mistaken, Interpolate kinda means, "close enough" in this case. I'm going to use Focus on poi more.

Guess I am misunderstanding B4UFly app I thought all the orange circles meant contact airport or helipad before you fly. That was my reason for asking who you contacted before you launch if anyone. If you decide to go back I sure would like to tag along, maybe I can get some footage or snapshot or two of downtown. Maybe we just pick which app that meets are wants. Airmap seems to be a go since stadium is just outside their circle. UAV shows stadium with big orange circle. Maybe we can meet sometime and visit the Nashville Airport or find local FAA contact for clarity on flying downtown Nashville. How about it?

Your OP title got my attention. Heck any of us can and do break the law every time we get in our car so I guess why should a drone be any different? Right? look forward to meeting you. I will try my best to find a FAA local contact and challenge you to meet me and we will find out which app or if it is find to fly around stadium on no event day.

Not trying to be a butt but on this forum folks are quick to redicule all the drone fliers that bend or ignore the rules for fear even more rules and restrictions will be added.

Attachments

• IMG_0136.jpg
    IMG_0136.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 4
  • IMG_6A9A60533345-1.jpeg
    IMG_6A9A60533345-1.jpeg
    627.2 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_7EE765BFF88B-1.jpeg
    IMG_7EE765BFF88B-1.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 4
Guess I am misunderstanding B4UFly app I thought all the orange circles meant contact airport or helipad before you fly. That was my reason for asking who you contacted before you launch if anyone. If you decide to go back I sure would like to tag along, maybe I can get some footage or snapshot or two of downtown. Maybe we just pick which app that meets are wants. Airmap seems to be a go since stadium is just outside their circle. UAV shows stadium with big orange circle. Maybe we can meet sometime and visit the Nashville Airport or find local FAA contact for clarity on flying downtown Nashville. How about it?

Your OP title got my attention. Heck any of us can and do break the law every time we get in our car so I guess why should a drone be any different? Right? look forward to meeting you. I will try my best to find a FAA local contact and challenge you to meet me and we will find out which app or if it is find to fly around stadium on no event day.

Not trying to be a butt but on this forum folks are quick to redicule all the drone fliers that bend or ignore the rules for fear even more rules and restrictions will be added.
I used the Flysafe Geo Zone map on the DJI website.DJI - The World Leader in Camera Drones/Quadcopters for Aerial Photography

I tried to fly at Parthenon in nashville... it was a nfz[emoji45] There was a massive titan game at stadium so I didn’t even try. Ended up flying at Walmart. That’s my memory of flying Nashville, the country-music hall of fame. that’s a destination! anyways nice video [emoji1303]

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
obanat