DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DARTDrones vs PilotInstitute

krc1075

Reactions
Has anyone used DartDrones for the in-person part 107 training? They are having a 1 day class next week pretty close to me....... Is it worth the cost to go in person (which looks like it also includes their online course as well) or PilotInstitue which I know is phenomenol....

Thanks for any input
~Kevin

It is possible to absorb enough in 1 day to pass the test....but unlikely ....the @pilotinstitute course is $150...you don't mention the cost of the DartDrone course..or if the full online course is included...can't give you an answer without knowing more

It is possible to absorb enough in 1 day to pass the test....but unlikely ....the @pilotinstitute course is $150...you don't mention the cost of the DartDrone course..or if the full online course is included...can't give you an answer without knowing more
I'm located in Wantagh.....

DartDrones looks like it includes the online course. $536 w/ promo code

Wow, what is the price without promo code? I do not know DartDrone and they could be wonderful. That said, as a 37 year manned pilot and flight instructor, the weekend ground schools are usually to pass the test and not thorough learning. (my opinion). If I am paying that kind of money I hope I would learn not just cram. Of course it sounds like they throw in the online course. I will assume they are wonderful but have no direct knowledge of DartDrones. It will be interesting to hear feedback.

I do have direct knowledge of Pilot Institute. Currently $149 for a comprehensive, well organized course with an awesome guarantee is a heck of a deal. 99.8% pass rate is why they can offer the guarantee. $149 vs $536 leaves $387 to put towards a new drone

Are you a current part 61 pilot? I definitely would not pay that money if I were doing it as a current manned pilot. I studied on my own as a long-time manned pilot. I later took paid and unpaid Pilot Institute classes. Great free MA2 deep dive course....did
I mention free.

I will say that there is something nice about in person but 1 day is rough. Good luck with "your" decision not ours. You money and learning style.

Reactions: Dbez1 and BigAl07
I'm not sure I'd pay them for what really is going to be a "refresher" course. It takes a lot of time and effort to become proficient in Part 107. We run a 5-day course and it's a LOT to get done in 5 days.

Excellent choice! I greatly respect anyone completing the 107 without a part 61 background. Lots of work but well worth it. You are a good way through a Private Pilot Ground School when you are done.

Report in how the 14 day challenge goes. You will do great.

Reactions: BigAl07
Has anyone used DartDrones for the in-person part 107 training? They are having a 1 day class next week pretty close to me....... Is it worth the cost to go in person (which looks like it also includes their online course as well) or PilotInstitue which I know is phenomenol....

Thanks for any input
~Kevin
I did the DartDrones 107 2 day class a few years back. They did offer 1 day class for those already with drones. Good class - very info intensive esp all the pilot stuff you have to learn like flight maps and such for the 107. Think they also included after the class practice tests and such before going and spending the bucks for the actual test.

Have not looked at Pilot Institute to compare.

Ok i did it. Got about 75% of the course completed in a couple of days then i had a day off and saw a testing site nearby had a few open appointments so I rolled the dice…….. 83% on the FAA test! Pilot Institute is awesome. I fully intend on completing the remainder of the program this week. But PI broke everything down nicely. 👍👍

Congratulations! Greg is a professional, experienced instructor and yes is well thought out, thorough and organized. Great work for dedicating yourself to learning. I don't blame you for jumping out early and "getting it done". You did it. You also should be commended for following through and completing the full program after. Pilot Institute offers many free and paid programs. Remember, as I said initially...you have $387 saved towards a new drone! Good job.

I got
Excellent choice! I greatly respect anyone completing the 107 without a part 61 background. Lots of work but well worth it. You are a good way through a Private Pilot Ground School when you are done.

Report in how the 14 day challenge goes. You will do great.
I got my BFR for my Part 61 license specifically to make getting my 107 easy. Which it was.

TCS

Chaosrider I agree! I would rather spend the money flying than at a testing center!! I earned my 107 back in 2016 when it became available to 61 pilots. I figured the FAA would soneday make it more difficult...

The DART Drones team, including Mark K., Carlos V., and Chris, provided exceptional and accurate information on sUAS and remote piloting in the Wings classes on March 16 and 17, 2024. Mark displayed consistency, attention to detail, and approachability in addressing questions. He presented information clearly, reinforced key points effectively, and maintained an engaging and positive delivery. Carlos promptly followed up on drone operation queries, offering valuable additional resources on demand. He also efficiently provided the necessary legal steps for flying drones in NYC. Chris actively contributed by sharing insights, experiences, and best practices, enhancing the overall learning experience.

The DART Drones course not only significantly contributed to securing an FAA certification but also stood out as an excellent learning opportunity in the realm of new technologies. As an e-Learning designer and developer, the resources provided were instrumental and well-structured for mastering the material. I wholeheartedly recommend DART Drones to colleagues at work and beyond for their professionalism and expertise. I passed the Part 107 certification with an 83% on April 4, 2024 and await my official card sometime soon. Thank you for facilitating a successful journey into drone flying!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
svdroneshots