DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Data card hatch keeps opening in flight

KLJ5

Reactions
HI everone. I recently bought a used Mavic 2 Pro. Lately, the data card hatch opens in flight regularly. When I take off, I hover at eye level for a minute or so and observe the hatch for security - never a problem at that point in flight. However, it more often than not finds a way to open later in the flight. Any suggestions for addressing this would be greatly apreciated.

When you close it is it flush with the body or does it stand proud? It should be flush, from memory I put the end furthest from the tether in first then the tether end. It is better to put the tether end in first then the rear end see post #7

Last edited:
A small patch of artist tape or blue painters tape will assure closure. Easy on easy off. There is a small post at one end a nub at the other. If either is worn is missing the tape is useful.

Reactions: Fizzbang
A small patch of artist tape or blue painters tape will assure closure. Easy on easy off. There is a small post at one end a nub at the other. If either is worn is missing the tape is useful.
Thanx for that, Doug. The post and nub to which you allude are still there, so the wear that's been incurred must be out of tolerance. I wonder if anyone has had a hatch replaced by JVI or their service centers?

photos of mine,

Attachments

• MAvic 2 card cover.jpg
    MAvic 2 card cover.jpg
    292.1 KB · Views: 17
  • MAvic 2 card cover inner end.jpg
    MAvic 2 card cover inner end.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 17
When you close it is it flush with the body or does it stand proud? It should be flush, from memory I put the end furthest from the tether in first then the tether end.
I beg to differ.
With the drone upside down and facing away from me.​
I slide the tether in first pushing horizontally (Laterally across the drone)​
Then I push the other end of the cover into place pushing away from me (bottom of the drone to top of the drone as it were). Ensuring the cover is now flush.​
But each to his own.

Daaagh with respect to the first two photos you are of course correct. They are of the link button side.
I was concentrating on trying to get the camera to focus rather than paying attention to what I was actually photographing.
But the two covers are just mirror images of each other so the first two photos still show the arrangement of 'hooks' etc. at either end of the cover though the tapers of the cover are wrong handed.
Surprisingly I did photograph the internal end of the correct cover.

Your method of tether end first followed by the rear end is better.

Attachments

• MAvic 2 card cover 3.jpg
    MAvic 2 card cover 3.jpg
    290.9 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member