DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Datcon Magnetic Field Data, Need Help! Please Read!

bmw121502

Reactions
Hello everyone, So I have decrypted some of my drone files and am trying to look at the magnetic field data from some previous flight tests I did with my drone. Does anyone know what the units for Magx, Magy, and Magz are? Or how exactly does the drone measure the magnetic field. Would they be in Gauss or maybe Teslas? Any info would be great!

Kind of Yea, the person I'm working with for some reason thinks it's measured in Gauss and not Teslas. Not really sure why but I just wanted to see if anyone else had any info to confirm it is Teslas.

MagX is magnetic force sensed on the X-axis; imagine to the craft left and right.
MagY is mag. force sensed on the Y-axis; imagine to the craft front and rear.
MagZ is mag. force on the Z-axis; as in up/down (above/below) the craft. On the vertical, to earth.

The whole planet is not just in downward (to earth core) pulling gravity. It come always changing from earth‘s core and varying mass densities below you, from celestial bodies above you, and all around you.
Planet Jupiter even has a micro pull on you right now.
And people who live in Jackson MS are very slightly heavier than people in other areas of the state. Because Jackson sits atop an ancient extinct volcano, so the higher density basalt and rock beneath them exerts more Zmag gravity upon them.
We used Gauss in college so I can only relate to that. Plenty smarter than I here who are happy to explain the rest.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
svdroneshots