DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

David Yarrows reveals his photography secrets - some key principles could be useful for M2P drone users

Sean M2Pro

Reactions
David Yarrow has over the years taken some incredible photographs - mainly wildlife and mostly in B&W - but I think many of the principles he talks about carry lessons for us in drone photography & videography. I’m hoping the link below becomes clickable to view otherwise you may have to copy and paste - enjoy!

David Yarrow has over the years taken some incredible photographs - mainly wildlife and mostly in B&W - but I think many of the principles he talks about carry lessons for us in drone photography & videography. I’m hoping the link below becomes clickable to view otherwise you may have to copy and paste - enjoy!

Excellent! Thanks for sharing.

I thoroughly enjoyed watching that video, thanks for sharing it with us. Those photos?? breathtaking, just goes to show what can be achieved from a professional photographer. How much for the shark photo $5000 and the buyer wanted two....??

Reactions: Dronage
yeah that 5000 bit (in fact I think it was pounds sterling so even more $$) was funny - the fellow's got some style. . .

Got it wrong again, yep £5000 not $.... my bad??

. . . . .I grew up in Africa and as a kid went to many game reserves with my Mum & Dad armed with my Dad's Pentax and a long lens and cut my teeth doing wildlife photography - what one realises very early on is that you literally have seconds in which to 'get that shot' - it's so fleeting and never to be repeated - you have to grab the moment - which makes his work all the more amazing. But as he says - he feels chuffed if he gets 4-6 good shots a year!

David Douglas Duncan : david douglas duncan - Bing images

"Get close then get closer"

I think this fits David Yarrow. Awesome work.

Stunning images, great post editing work too, which goes to make an excellent image a fantastic image. The one of the elephants with Kilimanjaro in the back ground was not taken with the camera set up he stuck on the ground though, with the elephant dung tripod. That was a wider angle lens on that ground positioned camera, than the shot that was shown just after. The image with the snow capped mountain peak behind the elephant was taken with a very long lens to achieve that foreshortening effect of the mountain looking large and closer, behind the elephant. I would have liked to have seen what he came up with from that camera on the dung position though.

Great interview with amazing shots, makes you want to go out and shoot the cat in the garden or something.

thanks Cymruflyer, I'll take two as well!?

Regarding his work, just goes to show b&w is still a big part of photography which is nice to see.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dcjz