DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Day to Night Hyperlapse

Dakrisht

Reactions
What’s the process for recording a day time hyperlapse that then turns into a night time hyperlapse?

Obviously you have to shoot 4-5 hours apart but how do you get the same exact positioning of the drone for your second (night time) hyperlapse?

Will setting waypoints 1) save them and 2) allow the drone to basically fly the same exact waypoints the second time around?

Reactions: Drea
Since nobody has answered yet... did some testing.

M2P will allow you to save the Flight Route after you set your initial Waypoint Hyperlapse. At night, simply go back to where you shot, load up the existing (saved) flight route and you should be good to go.

Since nobody has answered yet... did some testing.

M2P will allow you to save the Flight Route after you set your initial Waypoint Hyperlapse. At night, simply go back to where you shot, load up the existing (saved) flight route and you should be good to go.

absolutely true!

Does it have to be a waypoint hyperlapse or will it work the same with for example courselock or circle hyperlapse?

That's very cool, being able to reload the waypoint flight route!

I would be interested to see the results. I do day to night (and night to day) time-lapse sequences, where you capture day to night, but also everything between (so the resulting video shows the fading / ramping of light).

But a hyperlapse like this would be like turning off a lightswitch rather than a gradual change from day to night, yes? I'd love to see what that looks like -- can you upload a sample somewhere, even if just a test / work-in-progress?

Chris

You can also use LITCHI to fly the same route at different times of the day/different light but with same camera angles - so can use bits of each different flight's footage to create your end result

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cjd54