DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Dead Battery

Asbach

Reactions
Hi All.
I have had my MA2 for about a month. I don’t have the flymore set up so just the single battery.
After my last flight a few days ago, I tried to switch off and power down the drone. This didn’t happen even though I tried several times.
This continued until the battery was totally discharged. It will now not charge when plugged in. Any thoughts? TIA.

I’ve not been in that situation with drone batteries, but I’ve had that problem with other batteries several times. Depending on the charger, battery and controller a problem can be that the controller needs some minimum level of voltage from the battery before it will function. I’ve solved the issue in two ways:

1. Paralleled the dead battery with another battery that had a full charge. Then attached that “bank” (the two paralleled batteries) to the charger to be charged as a unit. Sometimes the dead battery will recover and function on it’s own after this. I doubt this would be easily done with a drone battery due to the complex nature of the connections and the fact you only have one battery.

2. Leave the battery on a charger for 24 or more hours. Even though the charger says it won’t charge the battery it seems that sometimes there is a minimal trickle that reaches the battery and can provide enough voltage that the controller will then recognize the battery and feed it some current. I just successfully recovered a Goal Zero Sherpa 100 this way that had forgotten in a drawer for several years. Initially the charger showed a battery error and wouldn’t charge, but 12 hours later it started charging and now the battery shows a full charge and functions well (although I assume the total capacity is diminished).

Welcome to the forum!

Howard

Hi All.
I have had my MA2 for about a month. I don’t have the flymore set up so just the single battery.
After my last flight a few days ago, I tried to switch off and power down the drone. This didn’t happen even though I tried several times.
This continued until the battery was totally discharged. It will now not charge when plugged in. Any thoughts? TIA.
Call DJI and they will probably replace the battery. It has a 6 months warranty.

I had one of my 3 batteries do the same thing. I landed it at zero percent as I was hovering it to see what happens at different levels. It would not charge so I opened up a case with DJI and they replaced it. It had only 21 charges on it.Good luck

Reactions: zeusfl
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rarmstrong2580