DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Dead mini 3 Pro battery

lensimages

Premium Pilot
Reactions
Flew my mini 3 Pro with no problems was down to 25% battery , my usual level before I manually RTH. Packed up went home . Next day recharged battery, showing 4 lights in multi charger hub , but dead in drone. Contacted DJI , they explained problem they asked for video of battery showing 4 lights but dead in drone, sent them the video had a reply asking me to kill the battery by drowning it in a 5% solution salt water for 12 hours and send another video showing it underwater, did all this and then DJI sent me a voucher for a free replacement. Should have mentioned that battery was less than 12 months old. The entire process took less than 48 hours for DJI to replace this battery. It was more than very easy, very pleased with service, cheers Len

Did you have to return the battery or just toss it after you killed it?

Reactions: rickmurray1989
Flew my mini 3 Pro with no problems was down to 25% battery , my usual level before I manually RTH. Packed up went home . Next day recharged battery, showing 4 lights in multi charger hub , but dead in drone. Contacted DJI , they explained problem they asked for video of battery showing 4 lights but dead in drone, sent them the video had a reply asking me to kill the battery by drowning it in a 5% solution salt water for 12 hours and send another video showing it underwater, did all this and then DJI sent me a voucher for a free replacement. Should have mentioned that battery was less than 12 months old. The entire process took less than 48 hours for DJI to replace this battery. It was more than very easy, very pleased with service, cheers Len
Wait, what????
They didn't ask you to charge it in the m3p itself?

Reactions: rickmurray1989
Wait, what????
They didn't ask you to charge it in the m3p itself?
No , was asked to place battery into charging hub press the little button to show 4 lights flashing and take and send them a video. Video sent , I was then asked to drown battery for 12 hours and send another video of it under water , this I did and they sent me a voucher for a new battery which I purchased from the DJI store. Must say that all this took less than 24 hours, the new battery was delivered 2 days after purchase, very pleased with DJI support. Mini 3 pro with fly more kit all under 12 months old. Cheers Len

Reactions: timinator
That’s weird but good to know. I’ve had a number of batteries go dead and just took them to a recycling facility rather than wasting time with DJI. Perhaps I’ll contact them next time and see if I can get a replacement battery instead.

Reactions: timinator
Good post- thanks for sharing!

Will they replace my Mavic pro batteries had them about 5.5 years 🤔

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pocki