DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Death of a M2Z

I would try to use the spark, some fishing line and a large fishing hook. You have a camera to see everything. Paint the hook bright yellow so you can see it on the camera. Good luck.

A drone is not worth falling out of a tree. My 2 cents.

I did try the spark. There was no approach. It was covered by branches. I really got give credit to the tree service. He was one in a million. I gave him a tip because his fee and attitude was that good. It was 250 and we tried two times. The first time we couldn't reach it, but I kept that part out of the video. The truck literally went 80 feet. If he didn't have a pole and amazing amount of luck, the m2z would never had returned to me in perfect working condition.

On a separate note, I retrieved all of the footage! And have cut a new video. Happy Flying.

Reactions: Chip
My avatar is of one that thought I was invading its territory. Was a nice set of 3 pics in the vid.
Cool avatar, that’s from your drone I take it? A still grab from a video or did you actually get that as a picture? If so, very well done my man.

Don’t spur a live pine!! I was tree climbing certified while working for the USFS, and every tree that is spurred usually ends up leaking sap and some eventually die. The best way to climb is to ladder (use a tree ladder that ties off to it), or use rope ascenders to get to the first branches, then free climb the branches using a safety line to get to the top. We’d rappel down afterwards.

OP- sounds dumb, but look up cat tree rescue service- a lot of people pay to get their cats out of trees, even though I never have seen a dead cat up in one ;)

Try here: http://www2.catinatreerescue.com/view/directory.cfm

Good luck, and be really careful if you try getting it yourself.

And please, if you try using poles - be sure there are NO electric wires anywhere nearby within the falling distance of the pole!! (A definate Darwin award).

You’re cool. Great post.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rapidair