DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Decal Girl

Good points Old Man and Matt. Although I would like to think I can get it right the first time, never to be removed, I will do some "small spot" experimenting before going hog wild with it.

Reactions: old man mavic
I did my air from Decal Girl with the bottom all red. You can customize with your own photo if you wish as I did with my photo of the andromeda galaxy, as seen at left.32C58AF7-7426-487A-9DB0-DEE5A40FE79D_1_201_a.jpeg

“I've wondered about this question too but could find no real evidence on it. Does anyone know if there is any? Otherwise it seems like after >100 years of aviation history, if there were a favorable paint scheme to be seen, this question would have a clear answer by now. In absence of this, it seems to me like the answer is to do whatever you like other than grey or sky blue, and maybe invest in fancy lights.

I can't tell you about a specific paint scheme, but with the desire to enhance my ability to identify the front of the drone with relatvely close LOS I put some reflective tape on the front arms of my MM... and I can tell that it's facing me up to about 100 yards out. Would it be beneficial to cover the drone with reflective material? I don't know. I found a strobe to be helpful which I found most useful mounting on the bottom which I can see from a great distance, even in the daylight.

Arc_TopMount.jpg

Good points Old Man and Matt. Although I would like to think I can get it right the first time, never to be removed, I will do some "small spot" experimenting before going hog wild with it.

Glad to help. Worthless trick warning. I learned about Sharpies and glass early in my video production career. If we need to match a scene....we'd Sharpee the monitor to see the second camera. Then, wipe if of with alcohol. I use Sharpees in the garage to label spray bottles and such because wet hands wound wipe it off. For better worse...alcohol does not remove it from some plastic. I assume they are slightly porous.

Depends on he substrate. While Sharpie can be "erased" with simple rubbing alcohol on glass and some other surfaces, it also can leach into plastics and not be completely removable.Unless you want it to be permanent....I would't use Sharpie on the MM body...
I wrote my FAA number on my Mini with a fine-point Sharpie but decided to redo it a few minutes later, and it came off completely with rubbing alcohol. But yeah, it might leach in if left on.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rejdmast