DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Decal on when sending for repair

Mcolvin32

Reactions
My DJI mavic shot Sparks out of what I think was the motors and I need to now send it into DJI and it has a vinyl wrap on it will that wrap cause them to not work on my quad?

I lost mine due to receiving a refurb back, they will remove it anyway i imagine.

Okay thanks I'll just peel it off and put it on some release liner lol

Mine went for repair with vinyl on, got it back with slightly scratched, faded vinyl still on, they just cut away over the screw heads.
But it did not go to China...

Mine went for repair with vinyl on, got it back with slightly scratched, faded vinyl still on, they just cut away over the screw heads.
But it did not go to China...
That kinda stinks though... If you don't mind me asking how much was your repair?

9 weeks.... what the heck... what happened

Had a GPS/Compass module error - would not even start motors.
Had to wait 2 weeks for parts from China. New GPS module didn't fix it. Waited another 2 weeks for new flight board. Didn't fix it, waited another 2 weeks for a new main PC board, didn't fix it. Waited another 2 weeks for another new GPS module. Didn't fix it.
Then one day, after they had finally sent through request for refurb unit, the tech was bored, restripped everything and reinstalled everything, and it works perfectly again. They must have just left it on a desk in the sun during the 9 weeks, judging by the faded vinyls...

Reactions: MLR
Had a GPS/Compass module error - would not even start motors.
Had to wait 2 weeks for parts from China. New GPS module didn't fix it. Waited another 2 weeks for new flight board. Didn't fix it, waited another 2 weeks for a new main PC board, didn't fix it. Waited another 2 weeks for another new GPS module. Didn't fix it.
Then one day, after they had finally sent through request for refurb unit, the tech was bored, restripped everything and reinstalled everything, and it works perfectly again. They must have just left it on a desk in the sun during the 9 weeks, judging by the faded vinyls...
That is pure insanity... why wouldn't they have those parts at a repair center .... [emoji25]

The obvious reason would be that the Mavic, being the technological masterpiece that it is, is not designed to break... :(
They probably only keep motors, arms and gimbals in stock...
I was glad they only have a 2 week turnaround time for parts from China. BMW normally gives me a '3 weeks for parts from Germany' story.
(Always look for the silver lining!!)

Reactions: MLR and Mcolvin32
The obvious reason would be that the Mavic, being the technological masterpiece that it is, is not designed to break... :(
They probably only keep motors, arms and gimbals in stock...
I was glad they only have a 2 week turnaround time for parts from China. BMW normally gives me a '3 weeks for parts from Germany' story.
(Always look for the silver lining!!)
Haha yeah. Would you happen to know what happens if they find nothing wrong with my quad? ... because I'm pretty sure it's fine

Sparks flying... in sure they'll find something wrong!
But if it goes to China I'm sure you won't get yours back

Before I sent mine for repair, I wrote extensively to DJI customer service, they analysed my DAT files flight logs and then asked me to take to repair place.
They where quite courteous in correspondence (despite what many have said) biggest frustration with the customer service was the day or so for each response due to time zone differences.
If you haven't already contacted them, give it a try and get their opinion.

And yes, if you send it in, they want controller, battery etc

Reactions: Mcolvin32
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
milixa9705