DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

3 Decaying barn in B&W

Nice shot! I also have an interest in photographing/documenting abandoned places. Where is this located?

Also which version of Mavic 3? Original or one of the newer versions?

Chris

Nice shot! I also have an interest in photographing/documenting abandoned places. Where is this located?

Also which version of Mavic 3? Original or one of the newer versions?

Chris
Thanks. I used an original Mavic 3 with the wide angle Hasselblad camera and the telephoto lens.
It's located in Essex County. But really, just about anywhere in Southwestern Ontario has old abandoned farms like this since over the years, consolidation has decreased the number of small family farms and many have been left to return to the soil from when they came.

Thanks. I used an original Mavic 3 with the wide angle Hasselblad camera and the telephoto lens.
It's located in Essex County. But really, just about anywhere in Southwestern Ontario has old abandoned farms like this since over the years, consolidation has decreased the number of small family farms and many have been left to return to the soil from when they came.
I was just wondering if it was in an area near where I live because as you say there are lots of abandoned farms like this. In the area where I live there are remains of many 19th century homesteads. I enjoy finding them, photographing them and documenting them. I have considered an upgrade to a Mavic 3 Pro because the 70mm Tele would be very useful for this but this is just a hobby for me and the upgrade cost is not practical for me since I don’t make money from my photography.

Chris

Reactions: WanderLost
Shot video and still shots of this decaying barn. Touched up in Photoshop and converted to B&W. Flying my Mavic 3.View attachment 166282
Excellent image! Great composition, with rich tonal values, details in the shadows (under eaves and in bushes), and in the whites (clouds), nice sky treatment, and most importantly, it tells a story.

Dale
Miami

I was just wondering if it was in an area near where I live because as you say there are lots of abandoned farms like this. In the area where I live there are remains of many 19th century homesteads. I enjoy finding them, photographing them and documenting them. I have considered an upgrade to a Mavic 3 Pro because the 70mm Tele would be very useful for this but this is just a hobby for me and the upgrade cost is not practical for me since I don’t make money from my photography.

Chris
I had an Air 2S for my first drone and was tempted by the Mavic 3 for the bigger camera and especially the 360 degree obstacle avoidance and the 46 minute flight times. I was lucky to pick one up as a new replacement from a Drone company for someone who bought another drone and didn't need it. It was half the cost of retail. I really love the longer flight times, I can linger, take my time to be careful and fly further without worrying about the battery life.
The telephoto is only so-so in sharpness. As a photographer, I was underwhelmed. But having a drone as an extension of my land cameras is a fantastic way to pursue the hobby in ways I never could before and reach places I could never see otherwise.

Reactions: Dbez1 and Chrislaf