DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Defect or glitch found mini 2 4k 30fps video mode

skyhawl211

Reactions
Issue: during live video capture on device connected to transmitter and when recording and saving 4k 30fps video mode video files to sd card, a defective or glitch of pixels in top left of video or live capture videos can be seen which ruins clips some time..

what happens is only in 4k 30fps mode set in dji fly app while flying drone, live capture streamed to device connected to transmitter and saved video files display a defective area of pixels or glitches the pixels top left of video file or cached video file played back on pc.

view video full screen, look at top left, watch for orange/yellow line on bright backgrounds and on dark backgrounds a blue/purple line that is horizontal and 5 pixels wide and 10-20 long of discoloration that is transparent.

this only happens so far in 4k 30fps mode with live capture and saved recorded video files to sdcard.

did not happen at all in 1080p 60fps mode during live capture or saved video files and did not happen saving photos..

once noticed it kinda ruins the clip or video shot in 4k and I don’t know how to edit it out with software except for clipping the 4k resolution and shrinking or scaling it.

so how many others have this issue, please post here!

most reviewers and their samples and video clips in 4k have the issue to be seen.

my mini 2 just recently purchased was manufactured October 2020 according to serial sticker on bottom of box.

here is a sample, watch video full screen 4k or 1080p and watch top left corner for yellow pixels discolored horizontal line:

DJI are aware of it and apparently a fix will be included in the next firmware update:

I got an official email from DJI support.

Dear xxxx,

Thank you very much for contacting DJI technical support. I am sorry to hear about the problem of your Mini 2.

If your videos have all been recorded in 4K, unfortunately, this is a bug of the encoder. Our R&D department is aware of the issue. The official statement can be found below:

Dear User,
We apologize for the inconvenience caused by this issue. Our engineers have already determined the cause of the issue you reported, and they are working on optimizing the aircraft. This issue will be fixed in the next firmware, which will be released soon. We suggest that you shoot 2.7K videos before the new firmware is released. Thank you for your understanding and support.

Apologies for the inconvenience caused. If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to ask.
Viele Grüße / Best Regards,
Philipp Schneider
Technical Support DJI GmbH

They really rushed that out didn't they? DNG bug in pano, video encoding bug in 4K 30p, etc etc. (and what sucks, is they try to act like you're dumb the first dozen interactions til you call them out on it).

Reactions: Youser
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS