DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Delaware County, PA

In Chester County, PA here. I joined VFSS.ORG at Valley Forge to fly there, but it's mostly older guys with giant wooden planes so I go off-times like early AM and fly- have to join and be AMA Member and get checked out...they even changed rules so you have to show you can fly a remote contraol PLANE to join in an effort to keep drone-only and helicopter hobbyists out. :mad:
Mostly I take my Mavic Pro with me to Vermont on weekends and fly it off my boat in Long Island Sound.

Reactions: atlasx2001
I'm in Glen Mills; commuting to Chester County daily. Looking for new spots aside from those around my daily commute.

I checked out Smedley park in Springfield on Sunday Morning. It's much larger than when I used to bring the kids several years ago.
The back area has a ball park and large soccer field. Crum creek winds through it and offers some good video shots of a small falls, and water running over rocks. Worth checking out.

Reactions: atlasx2001
I'm in Garnet Valley near Booths Corner...I've gone to Chester Park a couple times. wide expanse and little people. Want to head to Rose Tree park as well.

I also work i Chester County (West Chester). Anything closer to home or work?

I'm in Philly. I fly all over the place. I'm available weekends and after 6pm.. Here's some stuff from last week.

I'm in Garnet Valley near Booths Corner...I've gone to Chester Park a couple times. wide expanse and little people. Want to head to Rose Tree park as well.

I also work i Chester County (West Chester). Anything closer to home or work?

I went to the Hildacy Farm Preserve once right next to the resevoir. Wanted to fly right below the dam but got sketched out. ... probably worth going back though or flying from rose tree.

Ive gone to GVHS a couple times, like 5 minutes from home. Any interest in flying together some time? I'm outta town this weekend, but Pennsbury Township Park on rte 1 is my go to. 54 acres, plenty of space and no big crowds!

Last edited:
Has anyone had any problems flying at Rose Tree? I'm getting warnings, but nothing about not flying. Says I'm near linvill airport. But that does not even look like an airport. It's someones house with no landing strip.

Has anyone had any problems flying at Rose Tree? I'm getting warnings, but nothing about not flying. Says I'm near linvill airport. But that does not even look like an airport. It's someones house with no landing strip.
I used to fly there with no problems from police, sometimes someone would call them of course because they didn't like it. But when they came to checkup they would tell us no problem.

Now this was before the quads, was mostly RC planes and way before faa involvement. I was thinking of going up there myself again I live too close to phl airport. I'm in Ridley and now have a Mavic Air.

Update: I was there this last Sunday 4/22 with a friend we had a few flights, and I did hear another drone and saw it in the distance, but didn't see who was controlling it. Also someone was flying an electric plane as well. Had several people come near to ask things and to see them. Had a good day there.

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
flyingthe405