DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Delayed delivery

Raptorman

Reactions
So I ordered the MA2 from Amazon on 5/21 and was given a delivery date of 5/27 which, after a couple days, was moved up to 5/26, but on 5/25 the status remained unchanged until well past the 8PM cutoff time at which point the status changed to a delivery on 6/2. Clicking on the shipping information it indicated "Package arrived at a carrier facility Ruskin, FL US" at 6:36PM on 5/26 -- the day I was scheduled to receive it. The next update had it "Package arrived at a carrier facility Jacksonville, FL US" at 11:27AM on 5/27. And then "Package has left the carrier facility Jacksonville, FL US" at 11:26AM on 5/28. Again, the new delivery date was to be today, 6/2.

There was no status update for the next 5 days until this morning when it indicated "Package arrived at a carrier facility Salt Lake City, UT US" at 8:59AM on 6/2 and I suspected that it would not go out for delivery today and, at a little past 8PM tonight the status changed once more with "Now expected June 3 - June 4".

So, the first delivery date was pulled from there @ss and given the fact that the item had not left FL until after the scheduled delivery date its pretty clear they had just invented the delivery date from thin air. Getting the package from FL to SLC in a week should have been a no brainer using even the slowest of transports but, well, I guess not.

Thank god I'm a Prime member ... oh, wait...

Brian

Both Amazon and UPS have been playing fast and loose with their package scans that don't really mean what they say! Between COVID-19, protests, rioting, and curfews, lots of deliveries aren't being made when they should be. I had an M2P Express Refresh that said was on a UPS truck out for delivery on Saturday, with a link to follow the delivery progress, except the truck never moved from the warehouse all day! Then the 2:00-6:00pm delivery time was changed to by 9:00pm. It never left the warehouse. I drove to the warehouse. They confirmed it was still there but couldn't find it. Trucks were then called in early, and remaining deliveries cancelled at 7:00pm due to rioting, so I was asked to leave! Tracking later that night showed it was then rescheduled to Tuesday, not Monday! Monday morning I get another out for delivery by noon, and a new follow the delivery link. This time, the truck was actually moving and getting closer. Finally arrived at 11:45am! Don't trust anything they tell you, that you cannot independently verify, until they actually deliver it!

Well that's kind of what I was getting at ... they claimed a delivery date and didn't update it until after the scheduled delivery date came and went even though they had to know all along that it wasn't going to make it since at that point it had yet to leave FL. I'm not sure what the rioting thing is though given the fact that the shipment apparently left FL a week ago -- before the rioting thing began. Also, most delivery hubs are not in a city center where the bad stuff is happening and the times of delivery are generally outside of the riot/curfew times.

So, my updated delivery date is 6/3 or 6/4 and unless there's some other thing that I don't know about my guess is I'll receive it today on 6/3 as the status showed it arriving in SLC on the morning of 6/2. I don't think its likely it will be delayed beyond 6/3, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

Brian

Reactions: GadgetGuy
Well that's kind of what I was getting at ... they claimed a delivery date and didn't update it until after the scheduled delivery date came and went even though they had to know all along that it wasn't going to make it since at that point it had yet to leave FL. I'm not sure what the rioting thing is though given the fact that the shipment apparently left FL a week ago -- before the rioting thing began. Also, most delivery hubs are not in a city center where the bad stuff is happening and the times of delivery are generally outside of the riot/curfew times.

So, my updated delivery date is 6/3 or 6/4 and unless there's some other thing that I don't know about my guess is I'll receive it today on 6/3 as the status showed it arriving in SLC on the morning of 6/2. I don't think its likely it will be delayed beyond 6/3, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

Brian
Hope it shows up today. It's like an expectant father waiting for his baby to be delivered in the ER, pacing back and forth, wondering if it will be today, or tomorrow, or is just false labor! Did her water really break, or did she just pee on the floor? LOL!

Hope it shows up today. It's like an expectant father waiting for his baby to be delivered in the ER, pacing back and forth, wondering if it will be today, or tomorrow, or is just false labor! Did her water really break, or did she just pee on the floor? LOL!

I am also a amazon prime member. Until all this craziness blows over. You can throw 2 day shipping out the window.

Reactions: Larry1108
Yeah I had a similar experience with amazon, where I ordered a watch that was scheduled to deliver 2 weeks out(fine didn't care that much), 1 week later I happened to check and saw they had same item cheaper with estimated delivery in 2 days while the original order still said a week out, so I cancelled and ordered again and got it in 2 days. These were all in stock sold and shipped by amazon.

Amazon has gone to pot during this mess whether due to it or using as excuse.

Well I hope you get your MA2 soon. I am having a similar situation. I ordered directly from Dji on 5/21. I got a notice on 5/28 that it had left the FedEx facility. On 5/31 it was in Japan and I was given a delivery date of 6/02 before noon. Well that time has passed and no MA2. It still shows it in Japan and not moving. Now the updated arrival states"Scheduled for Delivery Pending". At this point I am not sure that it is even in Japan.....

It’s frustrating and feels like carriers are taking advantage of the pandemic and riots. My packages get here when they get here. Thankful they arrive at all.

Well I hope you get your MA2 soon. I am having a similar situation. I ordered directly from Dji on 5/21. I got a notice on 5/28 that it had left the FedEx facility. On 5/31 it was in Japan and I was given a delivery date of 6/02 before noon. Well that time has passed and no MA2. It still shows it in Japan and not moving. Now the updated arrival states"Scheduled for Delivery Pending". At this point I am not sure that it is even in Japan.....

You must have the same issue with my buddies shipment. It appears that they were all shipped together. Hopefully, you’re getting yours today like he is.

4C2C8AB3-E4D9-44ED-8FCA-2236D05EE7FF.png

I received the MA2 today -- had it delivered to an Amazon Locker as I live in an apartment and porch pirates are a thing. Just started unboxing and ... compared to my previous drone, the P4P, this guy is a bunch smaller and compared to my first drone, the Inspire 1 Pro, the MA2 is tiny.

When I first pulled out the props I noted what appeared to be a rough finish on the leading edge near the hub, but upon closer inspection with a magnifier it is just lettering to indicate prop pitch. Lot's of stickers to remove and then the update and calibrations. I also need to update the FAA (USA).

Sadly, do to my work schedule, it doesn't look like I'll be able to fly until next week.

Brian

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BHU