DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Deleted

Great short first time video! Most people tend to go way too long when they are starting out. It's OK to have a bit more length though - up to 2-3 minutes. In this particular location, I'd shoot for going up-river towards the falls if possible to add another perspective, and really show off the falls better. Color grading is the other challenge (the video is a bit on the warm - reddish - side) , but I wouldn't expect anyone to start out knowing all about that. It can be a challenge even for more experienced people.

As you fly more, you'll get smoother with the controls and gimbal movement - it just takes practice. Overall a nice job!!! Keep it up!!!

Reactions: Mavic Maveric
Great short first time video! Most people tend to go way too long when they are starting out. It's OK to have a bit more length though - up to 2-3 minutes. In this particular location, I'd shoot for going up-river towards the falls if possible to add another perspective, and really show off the falls better. Color grading is the other challenge (the video is a bit on the warm - reddish - side) , but I wouldn't expect anyone to start out knowing all about that. It can be a challenge even for more experienced people.

As you fly more, you'll get smoother with the controls and gimbal movement - it just takes practice. Overall a nice job!!! Keep it up!!!

Thanks. Great review and advice. I agree about the gimbal movements. It bugs me a little every time I look at it. I will readjust the setting for smoother movements.

I still have trouble after years of flying - panning smoothly is my weak area. I just can't fly frequently enough. Keep working at it and you'll get it!

I still have trouble after years of flying - panning smoothly is my weak area. I just can't fly frequently enough. Keep working at it and you'll get it!
Thanks for your reply. I have no doubt that I'll be much smoother the more I fly. I'm 64 and still love to learn better ways to do things. Have a great day!

My first video with my Mavic 2 Pro.

Hope you enjoy it. Thanks for watching.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
Well done, I'm in Williston,nice to see another (local) on here, Happy flying

Thanks. Nice to hear from a fellow Vermonter. There's another Mavic Pilot whom I've known for many years. He lives in Swanton. I hope to see some of your work sometime. Happy flying to you too!

I also find it difficult to do smooth pans, and tilts. I've also got to learn to hold my follow throughs longer, before I turn, stop or shut off the camera. I can always edit out that stuff, but obviously can't add it later.

Enjoyed your video. I'm vacationing in VT and have done videos of most of the places I skied back in the day and did a video of the dam in Morrisville. It was the farthest I've ever flown (quite nervously) over water and I did the fly down then fly back upriver. My next challenge is using a video editor to put together "the story of our vacation".

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stormy2024