DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Deleted

Great short first time video! Most people tend to go way too long when they are starting out. It's OK to have a bit more length though - up to 2-3 minutes. In this particular location, I'd shoot for going up-river towards the falls if possible to add another perspective, and really show off the falls better. Color grading is the other challenge (the video is a bit on the warm - reddish - side) , but I wouldn't expect anyone to start out knowing all about that. It can be a challenge even for more experienced people.

As you fly more, you'll get smoother with the controls and gimbal movement - it just takes practice. Overall a nice job!!! Keep it up!!!

Reactions: Mavic Maveric
Great short first time video! Most people tend to go way too long when they are starting out. It's OK to have a bit more length though - up to 2-3 minutes. In this particular location, I'd shoot for going up-river towards the falls if possible to add another perspective, and really show off the falls better. Color grading is the other challenge (the video is a bit on the warm - reddish - side) , but I wouldn't expect anyone to start out knowing all about that. It can be a challenge even for more experienced people.

As you fly more, you'll get smoother with the controls and gimbal movement - it just takes practice. Overall a nice job!!! Keep it up!!!

Thanks. Great review and advice. I agree about the gimbal movements. It bugs me a little every time I look at it. I will readjust the setting for smoother movements.

I still have trouble after years of flying - panning smoothly is my weak area. I just can't fly frequently enough. Keep working at it and you'll get it!

Reactions: Mavic Maveric
I still have trouble after years of flying - panning smoothly is my weak area. I just can't fly frequently enough. Keep working at it and you'll get it!
Thanks for your reply. I have no doubt that I'll be much smoother the more I fly. I'm 64 and still love to learn better ways to do things. Have a great day!

Thanks. Nice to hear from a fellow Vermonter. There's another Mavic Pilot whom I've known for many years. He lives in Swanton. I hope to see some of your work sometime. Happy flying to you too!

I also find it difficult to do smooth pans, and tilts. I've also got to learn to hold my follow throughs longer, before I turn, stop or shut off the camera. I can always edit out that stuff, but obviously can't add it later.

Enjoyed your video. I'm vacationing in VT and have done videos of most of the places I skied back in the day and did a video of the dam in Morrisville. It was the farthest I've ever flown (quite nervously) over water and I did the fly down then fly back upriver. My next challenge is using a video editor to put together "the story of our vacation".

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bowyerv