DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Delivered Without SD Card

Ron Hervey

Reactions
If this is not the correct topic area, please let me know. I received my Mavic Pro Platinum yesterday. I purchased the drone straight from the DJI website. Drone was shipped out of Georgia. While inspecting the drone when unboxing, I noticed that there was no micro SD card inserted in the drone or in the box. Not a biggie - the cards are not that expensive. I was just wondering if anyone else had this problem?

The card that they used to supply wasn't fast enough for 4K video anyway (need U3 rating). Get a spare while you are at it, those little suckers are easy to lose.

If this is not the correct topic area, please let me know. I received my Mavic Pro Platinum yesterday. I purchased the drone straight from the DJI website. Drone was shipped out of Georgia. While inspecting the drone when unboxing, I noticed that there was no micro SD card inserted in the drone or in the box. Not a biggie - the cards are not that expensive. I was just wondering if anyone else had this problem?

My MPP FM Combo came with a 16GB micro-SD card. It was in a blister-pack so it was easy to see when unboxing.

The DJI Store lists this card as In-the-Box for the MPP and the MPP FM Combo.

Reactions: Ron Hervey
The above statement is correct! DJI lists a 16 Gig SD Card on the website when purchasing. If you follow this link to the DJI Store page and click on the link on the left named Whats the Difference one will see a 16 Gig SD card listed as included in purchase.

Mavic Pro Platinum - Portable 4K Drone with Reduced Noise - DJI Store

You may want to follow up with DJI to have them provide you one.

Reactions: Ron Hervey and DDS
have a good look in the packaging mine was in one of the many pockets in the combo bag that came with my mav

Reactions: Ron Hervey
The card that they used to supply wasn't fast enough for 4K video anyway (need U3 rating). Get a spare while you are at it, those little suckers are easy to lose.
What are the symptoms of a card that is not fast enough?

What are the symptoms of a card that is not fast enough?
It will not record smooth 4K video if the write speed is too slow. This will result in a choppy recording due to dropped frames. At least that is how it appeared on my MP.

It will not record smooth 4K video if the write speed is too slow. This will result in a choppy recording due to dropped frames. At least that is how it appeared on my MP.
Many thanks. My videos are choppy. I’ll check my card.

I'm not sure how that could be but the 100mb rate and subsequent U3 requirement didn't become about until MA.
More lossy compression perhaps?

Many thanks. My videos are choppy. I’ll check my card.
Choppy or "jittery" videos may also be caused by having the frame rate set too high. Perhaps you can post a sample for better quality guesses.

I've had problems with 1080p recordings from my P3 being choppy/hesitating until I upgraded my video card.

Playback problems can also be caused by playback device. My older MacBook won’t play hi-res videos worth a crap. My iPad mini 5 is smooth as butter.
It’s a U3. My computer was choppy, my wife’s laptop was smooth until she was updated to Windows 10. I figure there’s a setting that’s not optimal.

Choppy or "jittery" videos may also be caused by having the frame rate set too high. Perhaps you can post a sample for better quality guesses.
Ok thanks, I’ll check that as well. And post a sample

It’s a U3. My computer was choppy, my wife’s laptop was smooth until she was updated to Windows 10. I figure there’s a setting that’s not optimal.

You might also upload a video to YouTube. Their processing can fix a lot of issues. And playback resolution is automatically adjusted to match the capability of the device you are using.

You also have the option of keeping them private, posting to the web, or sharing.

Reactions: Skywalker
The Mavic 2 has 16GB of internal memory built in and an external micro sd card slot. I ordered a 128GB card with my Mavic, and it was in the box when the drone was shipped. I later went up to the local Best Buy and bought an extra one as well (Sandisk Extreem Plus). This was the same one I got from DJI, but a quite a bit cheaper. I've found it is a good idea to write to the external SD card, and leave the internal memory clear in case you need it. If either gets full it will ask you if you want to switch to the other. The built in 16 doesn't last real long, but it is fine for a short video or a pretty good number of photos. You can access them both after the flight through the controller and download the videos/photos.

Very often 4K video playback will be stutters due to inadequate computer hardware. This is doubly true with HEVEC, or h.265 codec. The best solution is to do post processing with proxy video, and change to full res when outputting the final video.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929