DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2 Denver Rail Yard - A Hyperlapse

Too cool.

Thanks for sharing. 😊

Never thought I'd call a rail yard "Mesmerizing" but when you speed it up, that's a great watch. I particularly like the "car sorting" technique near the beginning.

Reactions: Bufface
Who says we don't have true high speed rail in America...those babies were flyin'! Very clever idea for a TL. I especially like watching that thing (don't know what they call it) that loads the contains on to the train cars. Great job!

Way cool. You must have gone out there with a truckload of batteries. I am guessing each segment was a battery?
Your frame rate was spot on for a great video. You should show that to the railroad (Northern Pacific?).
I enjoyed it very much. Thanks.

Hello from up here in Estes Park! Very cool video. One doesn't realize how busy a rail yard is until you see all of the activity from this perspective. Loved it!

You’ve shown me just how brilliant our MA2 is. really enjoyed it and it just goes to show how industry and capitalism makes the world go round-not to everyone’s taste I know!! Let us know the frame rate and number of batteries you used. Would love to know.

Reactions: Bufface
Way cool. You must have gone out there with a truckload of batteries. I am guessing each segment was a battery?
Your frame rate was spot on for a great video. You should show that to the railroad (Northern Pacific?).
I enjoyed it very much. Thanks.

I have 4 batteries and 2 chargers in my truck. It was filmed on 3 separate days. If you notice that some of the scenes had much more/less snow, that was because the snow melted in between days.

You’ve shown me just how brilliant our MA2 is. really enjoyed it and it just goes to show how industry and capitalism makes the world go round-not to everyone’s taste I know!! Let us know the frame rate and number of batteries you used. Would love to know.
It is 24fps with one shot every 3 seconds.

My technique uses heavy ND filters. Each of those frames was a 1.3 second exposure with an ND-2000 filter.

I haven’t seen anyone else use those filters for this purpose. Most people use very fast exposure times for their hyperlapses.

I dislike using short exposures for these type of hyperlapses involving vehicles, because it makes it look like the vehicles are teleporting around the frame.

Hello from up here in Estes Park! Very cool video. One doesn't realize how busy a rail yard is until you see all of the activity from this perspective. Loved it!
Yes, when I was scoping this place out, I was worried it would be too boring even for a timelapse, because most of the trains rarely move.

It was only after I had done a few flights, looked at the results, and realized what was moving that I figured making the rest of the video would be interesting and knew what to focus on.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ryanhafeman