DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Device and system requirements for Mavic Air (Sony xperia XA1 Ultra)

Craig313

Reactions
Howzit to all,

New MA owner here (it's on the way). It's my first drone and looking forward to flying.
I've done a lot of research and read many threads which a lot of them have been most helpful. I'm still confused about the device requirements. I know many of you have posted requirements and DJI approved devices but I seem to find some contradictions in all of that.

I have a Sony xperia XA1 Ultra which I can use as a designated flying device. these are the specs.

4GB RAM
Storage 32gb internal and 64gb micro SD card
Android 8.0
Processors: MediaTek Helio P20 Octa Core 64bit (Quad Core 2.3GHz + Quad Core 1.6GHz)
6" full HD 1080p with Image Enhance Technology
Network: LTE (4G)
A-GNSS (GPS + GLONASS)
WiFi Miracast

What I understand is the more RAM the better and anything above 1GB RAM will do and from what I understand about processing power anything above of 1.3Ghz will be sufficient (I do speak under correction here).
I had a look at the specs of the Ipad mini 4 and the XA1 Ultra seems to have decent specs compared to it. I understand android platform is open so it's not as clear cut as using Apple devices being a closed operating system. I understand the less RAM and processing power will cause bottle necking.

In theory i'm thinking the XA1 Ultra will perform ok with those specs but I would like some advice from people using this device or other Sony devices and what they experience. (signal, latency, disconnects)

So basically will this XA1 Ultra work with DJI go 4 and the Mavic Air? Is there anyone using a XA1 Ultra to fly with?

the only other alternative I would have right now is i can pick up a Ipad mini 3 128gb wi-fi and celluar for R2000 ($145) would that work and is anyone having issues with Ipad mini 3 with DJI GO 4?

I hope I'm making sense and would highly appreciate your advice before I get this bird in the sky.

Cheers.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParKOR