DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Devices/preferences

shutter13

Reactions
Are the settings I choose when setting up my Mavic Air (like metric or imperial, 4K, manual exposure vs auto, etc...) stored on the MA or on the phone/tablet?

Basically should I go ahead and set the MA up the way I want it on each device I might possibly use with it, so I don’t have to do it in the field,

All settings are stored in the Mavic. Anytime you make changes to the settings, the drone must be turned on, or the settings do not get saved. Also, you'll notice - run through your settings with the drone turned off, and you'll see that many of them don't match what you previously may have set. The drone needs to be on and connected when making any changes - and all of your devices will recognize all of your settings, once connected.

Are the settings I choose when setting up my Mavic Air (like metric or imperial, 4K, manual exposure vs auto, etc...) stored on the MA or on the phone/tablet?
While most of the settings are stored on the Mavic itself, some of the settings (e.g. Metric/Imperial) are stored on the mobile device. Since DJI does not provide documentation that explains which settings are stored where, it would be best to double-check the settings on all of your mobile devices while your Mavic is connected to DJI GO.

Reactions: astlasphotoguy
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pilot74sparki