DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Dewarping jpg images?

yarrr

Reactions
Is there an easy way to "dewarp" jpg images in post processing? I generally understand that there are lens profiles for raw images, but can't find out how to correct jpgs.

Using M3M/M3E

Since all of the image processing is "baked into" JPG files, post processing adjustments are significantly limited. In programs such as Lightroom, you can make a few tweaks, including adjusting some of the geometry that might help you with your warping issue. In Lightroom, the adjustments are found under the Transform section in the Develop module.

Personally, as a professional photographer, I always shoot RAW to attain the highest image quality and to retain maximum post processing flexibility. Good luck with your flying and imaging!

Reactions: GFields
Since all of the image processing is "baked into" JPG files, post processing adjustments are significantly limited. In programs such as Lightroom, you can make a few tweaks, including adjusting some of the geometry that might help you with your warping issue. In Lightroom, the adjustments are found under the Transform section in the Develop module.

Personally, as a professional photographer, I always shoot RAW to attain the highest image quality and to retain maximum post processing flexibility. Good luck with your flying and imaging!
Thanks, that's helpful. Not seeing a lens profile in Lightroom for the Mavic 3 at the moment.

My use case here is capturing a few oblique images at the start or end of a mapping mission. Apparently that will be of fairly limited value with this camera- I'll have to do a separate flight for the obliques.

Thanks, that's helpful. Not seeing a lens profile in Lightroom for the Mavic 3 at the moment.

My use case here is capturing a few oblique images at the start or end of a mapping mission. Apparently that will be of fairly limited value with this camera- I'll have to do a separate flight for the obliques.
Makes sense... I struggle with some distortion even with the RAW files... particularly with low altitude panoramas.

Photoshop has powerful warping tools. If I recall you need to open the file as if it were a raw file (doable even with jpg files). I think it's called Puppet Warp and takes a bit to master but it is very effective.

Is there an easy way to "dewarp" jpg images in post processing? I generally understand that there are lens profiles for raw images, but can't find out how to correct jpgs.

Using M3M/M3E
What you are asking about is something that only applies to mapping with the Enterprise Mavics, so isn't known to most flyers.
For that reason, the answers you've been given aren't relevant.
What you are looking for is in your app or camera settings.
You'll find some pointers here:

Last edited:
Reactions: GadgetGuy

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tarizzman